Graham Shrugs Off Potential Ethics Probe Amid GA Debacle: ‘I’m Just Going To Keep Being Me’ | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Wednesday claimed he isn’t sweating the possibility of an ethics investigation after Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said that the South Carolina Republican has been pressuring him to find ways to toss legally cast ballots.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345429

Ah… ‘air quote’ ethics…

12 Likes

Wanker

5 Likes

It seems almost as if Lindsay’s not even trying to be convincing.

22 Likes

well - it is real - it is going to have some legs

31 Likes

Is he going to keep on being the same Lindsey Graham who said “If we nominate Trump, it will destroy the Republican Party, and we’ll deserve it,” and “If you don’t like Joe Biden, there’s something wrong with you?” Or a different Lindsey Graham?

18 Likes

Asshole Extraordinaire or your Ordinary Asshole?
I report. You decide.

13 Likes

It is still a marvel why Lindsey is so willing to take one up the shitter for Trump.

Nothing can be done to him and he knows it. He too could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue without much worry of repercussions. Trump has basically set the standard that Republicans in any high office can act with impunity.

7 Likes

Jackass-logo Yup. Just be you.

4 Likes

“I get accused of everything, I’m just going to keep being me,” Graham told CNN. “I called up the secretary of state to find out how you verify a signature and what database you use because I think it’s important that if we’re going to vote by mail, we get it right.”

Mind your own fucking biz then Linds. Georgia’s ain’t it.

8 Likes

16 Likes

He was just re-elected and almost certainly won’t run in 2026, and ethics probes are toothless.

4 Likes

He is what he is
he’s his own special creation…

7 Likes

What day of the week is it?

4 Likes

One day, I trust we will find out what aspect of you being you will result in you being jailed. It must be a doozy what they have on you.

15 Likes

If Biden doesn’t investigate this @$$hole, there will be no end of Senators and governors pressuring election officials.

5 Likes

42 Likes

The GOP is nearly there in their efforts to expand the Overton window to Infinity and Beyond as they complete their defenestration of norms.

1 Like