Graham Plans To Grant Mueller Testimony | Talking Points Memo

Can’t find a link. What’s the gist? Anything we don’t already know?

America deserves the truth… GET IT ALL OUT THERE…

The rest is just covering for impeached trump…

1 Like

This will be a circus with Graham as ringmaster. Republicans on the committee will have been prepped with suggestive questions preparing the ground for Barr’s October surprise when he will unveil the dubious “findings” of his boy’s investigation of the investigators. These accusations of wrongdoing and bad faith against everyone involved in the investigations will have little or no merit or legal import when pursued but they will grab the initiative, portray Trump as the victim and provide him with a big, fat target for attack at a critical moment.

Do not expect vindication or even clarity from Robert Mueller having testified before this committee led by this Trump toadie. Graham would not allow it unless he was confident that he can control it and turn it to Trump’s advantage.

1 Like

Dear @zillacop:
Please forgive my gender assignment error. I made a dumb assumption and guessed wrong. Next time I’ll ask before I presume. I’m duly shamefaced.
Regards,
@rucleare

2 Likes

Dear Vision
Looking over the mission log books for that day, I can assure you that this was no error - simply one of @castor_troy 's less amusing pranks.
I do hope you were not stung too badly. Please see the maitainence team at the garage and make sure to note the tail light issue when you return your vehicle.
I will consult with my colleagues and we’ll look for a hot spot where you can drive an Aston Martin next time - looks like things are rocky in Albania again.
I’ll keep you posted. (but of course, never informed)
Sincerely,
RC
HR
SF

4 Likes

I’ve made that mistake a few times too.

1 Like

I agree with this, but only if Mueller is sure that he can be brilliantly clear and very compelling in an open hearing. The Republican attack dogs will have their fangs bared, and will leap for his jugular at every opportunity, so he would need to masterful if he hopes to get his message out to public in a convincing way.

1 Like

I always open packages from SOROS Group International outdoors - and I wear a full hazmat suit when doing so. It helps to dust for fingerprints as well. If @castor_troy’s show up, I’d submerge it before opening.
Just say’n.

3 Likes

I always just have @rucleare open mine while I hang out in the bunker. Much safer. And I wrap all my gifts to others in waterproof packing. Just say’n.

1 Like

All these measures are a waste of time.

The milk in your refrigerator is about to go bad by the way.

3 Likes

A younger version of himself probably could have handled them, with his trademark gravitas and track record. Now, if it’s a repeat of Old Man Mueller from the earlier hearing, it might be best for his testimony to be written, not in person. That was a disaster.

1 Like

Shit! I thought it was only my microwave that was bugged… Now I have to do a sweep of the entire goddamn property once again. (grumble, grumble):rage:

1 Like

Don’t forget to toss the bug sweeper when you’re done. One of the more devious things they thought of, to bug that.

3 Likes

Also masks. Those metal strips aren’t just to conform to your nose’s shape. Disbelieve me at your own peril. They all report back to the mothership.

3 Likes

Why it’s no problem. Glad I’m so well disguised that you didn’t know and I’m sure my foul language is what made to think the other gender. I try to keep the fowl under wraps, but it’s not possible any more.

1 Like

You are both good and gracious! Thanks.

1 Like

will you be quiet !

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks. I bookmarked it as it’s pretty long. I read a bit but will finish the rest later. But, the gist so far appeared to be that true believers will ignore, deny or reinterpret anything that goes against their beliefs no matter how undeniable and compelling. Whether it’s an ideology, religious belief or leader, it cannot fail, it can only be failed. The need to avoid cognitive dissonance trumps (heh) logic, fact or survival.

Not enough for me. Lindsey is one who cravenly voted to acquit trump in the impeachment “trial” that was without evidence due to mitch not allowing any. There were 10 rock solid cases of obstruction of justice against trump committed that mitch did not allow to be introduced.
I wonder if there is a bad enough public humiliation for lindsey and the enablers and trump to make me feel that justice has been done. It’s not revenge but rather a reckoning.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available