Graham Plans To Grant Mueller Testimony | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Sunday said that he plans to grant Democrats’ request for former special counsel Robert Mueller to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee after he blasted President Trump for commuting Roger Stone’s prison sentence in a Washington Post op-ed.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320089
2 Likes

Graham is distancing himself from Trump. Rats, ship etc etc etc.

44 Likes

Somebody is going to miss kissing the fat Rump. There will be twits galore. Meltdown proceeding as scheduled.

Having said that, what good will it do? I’m naturally suspicious of Graham.

18 Likes

I don’t think it matters anymore.

The Mueller report is old news and so much other stuff has happened, I just don’t know what purpose this serves.

Barr will discredit anything Mueller says and onward we go.

25 Likes

I hope Mueller preps well for this hearing. The last time I saw him testify he seemed a little off kilter.

He should be less concerned about revealing information and more concerned about defending his investigation.

30 Likes

Maybe the ‘coulda, woulda, shouldas’ will kick in - as in, I should’ve said things this way or done things that way…

Again, I’m not sure if this will make any difference to anyone.

7 Likes

Boy howdy, donations to the Museum of You Had Your Chance and You Blew It are really coming in today. And yes, it is an essential business and masks are required to visit.

29 Likes

It’s about Graham, nothing else.

19 Likes

Gee Lindsey, is it painful feeling that gelatinous matter in your back calcifying just a wee bit into backbone?

7 Likes

He’s trying to save his seat/ass and I hope it’s too little too late.

51 Likes

Things not looking so good for you fuckers, so now you decide to do a little cooperating. You are so transparent. Rot in hell.

21 Likes

I also don’t know what will be gained by his testimony because all we’ll hear if cries of hoaxes and scams, but I do think that Graham simply allowing the Democrats to bring Mueller in is a sign that Combover Caligula’s grip is slipping. And that’s something.

26 Likes

In a statement on Sunday, Graham directly responded to Mueller’s op-ed by saying that it shows how the former special counsel is “willing — and also capable — of defending” the Russia probe he conducted.

:heavy_plus_sign:: Harris is still on the committee (knock on wood).

:heavy_minus_sign::

23 Likes

Republicans let Roger Stone lie to their faces and then stood by idly while Trump commuted his sentence for doing so?

I have to say, this clashes with everything else they’ve done to stand up for the rule of law and to preserve democratic institutions! What could have happened to the courageous and principled GOP that we all know and love! I am shockedshocked —to find that spineless toadying is going on in here!

27 Likes

Lindsey is starting to lose badly in his re-election campaign, so I have to wonder if this is a last-ditch effort to save his seat…?

19 Likes

He testified before a House committee.

4 Likes

I don’t know if Graham’s playing a double game here, but having Mueller testify can’t be good for Trump.

And, by the way, when is that final volume of the Senate Intelligence Report going to be declassified and made public? Are we building up to something?

16 Likes

and FTW

1 Like

I guess Linzee saw the video of his fulsome praise for Dotard. He’s not quite as moist these days.

4 Likes

I would think so. He ass is getting a tad too toasty.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available