Graham Launches Probe To Further Bogus Biden Conspiracy Theory

There are certain things, including and especially accusations of any kind of bad behavior, that will make Trump behave irrationally and often directly against his own interests. His pathology forces him to behave badly and then reject the blame and responsibility with the most absurd arguments possible. So no need to puzzle over any self-destructive, crazy, you’re-the-puppet behavior. He acts crazy because he is, literally, crazy.

19 Likes

It may influence Trump being reelected.
Hunter being on that board was “soft corruption”. No other way to look at it.
They also showed bad judgement in having Hunter fly over with his VP dad on AF2 and sign a business deal with China.
We don’t know if Trump has anything else on the Bidens and is using this stuff to distract from what they may reveal once Joe is the candidate. Being as they showed such bad judgement already, you have to know something else may be out there.

3 Likes

Yes, but he has had to keep South Carolina Republicans on his side.

Plus even if his partisanship is genuine, so long as it’s honest it’s OK – but when it becomes rabid …

6 Likes

So what are they going to do retroactively impeach Obama/Biden? I say they should go for it, and when they bring in Hunter Biden, it will open the doors to the tRump spawn.

Hopefully the will not have the majority in the Senate much longer.

2 Likes

Anyone know if the Obama administration could pull a Trump and sue to keep Pompeo from turning over the documents? Could Biden? Would love to see #LL try to argue how this would be different.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if the House shouldn’t start subpoenaing everyone in the White House and to get all the documents they want and just drag this thing out through the courts into 2020.
Maybe they just want to get the Republicans on record ASAP and the internal polling shows the public won’t move no matter what.
But it strikes me that every time the word email appeared in a headline in 16, HRC got disrupted and took a hit. Would the word impeachment do the same for 45?

6 Likes

Individuals could sue, yes.

Outcome uncertain, of course, but if delay or the chance of a useful precedent is what you’re seeking …

2 Likes

Two days after Sonderland drops the the bombshell that all Trump cared about was the announcement of an investigation into the Bidens, not whether a real investigation happened (a fact the MSM simply erases because it would demolish their pathetically desperate attempt to be “fair” by portraying equivalent narratives where they don’t exist).

The day after Fiona Hill tells them to cut it the hell out with repeating the Russian intelligence service narratives he does this. The day after and he does this.

How much more fucking obvious does he have to make it?

I swear to god, the motherfucker could strut around with a Hero of the Russian Federation medal pinned to his goddamn suit coat and the MSM would find a way to not see it.

49 Likes

You expressed my argument I was going to post, much better than I would have.
Lindsey just put PompousAss’s ass on the line.

6 Likes

Hmm. I’m wondering whether, tactically, this maneuver might provide an opportunity which could actually serve some minor purpose, from the GOP perspective, if Pompeo refuses to accede to the request, which would both predictably leave the media chasing the conceptual tail of whether there could be any such evidence to be had, and provide talking head talking point ammunition for comment on the even-handedness of the administration’s ‘principled’ refusal to comply with any Dem-initiated requests. Or variations on either. Sad to think, but I do wonder.

1 Like

In many walks of life, especially politics, there is an “appearance of impropriety” admonishment hanging over everyone’s head when they ponder doing almost anything. Even if everyone knows and agrees in advance there is in fact no impropriety being planned, and zero chance one will be proven later, the advice to forego certain opportunities out of an abundance of caution still exists. Ignoring that advice should result in that person shouldering the responsibility for any negative consequences flowing from that refusal to heed said advice.

Bemoaning an adversary has fabricated an impropriety for their own selfish purposes elides the fact if not for entering into the arrangement in the first place you wouldn’t be in this jam.

Joe and Hunter Biden are always in a room full of hungry wolves. Sit with your damn back to the wall, and don’t stuff your pockets with raw meat, lest you get eaten along with the contents of your pockets.

8 Likes

And no one wants to see them. No one.

Exactly – what was that famous Edwin Edwards quip?

1 Like

Absolutely. Excellent point

2 Likes

Easy answer there: yes

Well, if he and Pompeo do want to play this game, they won’t let it get to the subpoena stage.

4 Likes

Reality makes no difference to Graham.

3 Likes

Maybe tRump will now feel free to invite them to the White House to accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

2 Likes

Agreed. It appears that some of us are willing to put our heads in the sand for our political gain, just like the Repubs are doing with Trump.

2 Likes

This represents the reality show quality of modern American politics post Ken Starr. We have a Republican Senator who is going to look for dirt on a Democratic candidate, not because he expects to find any, but because the TV spectacle will help his candidate. Damn you New York Times and your shadows and penumbras too.

In the old days we started with a crime and then investigated to find out who did it. These days we just investigate the person to find whatever crime we can. Hell we don’t even have to find a crime. The investigation is all that is needed.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available