Graham Launches Probe To Further Bogus Biden Conspiracy Theory

Just as the public impeachment inquiry hearings wrapped on Thursday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo seeking materials related to then-Vice President Joe Biden’s interactions with Ukrainian officials.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264570
2 Likes

I don’t know why he is behaving like this, but history will be kinder to John C. Calhoun than to Lindsey Graham. At least Calhoun was honest about his treason.

43 Likes

Who would have thought that 800k was all it took to sell out your country?

15 Likes

He is consistently doing anything he can to help Trump. Putin and Trump must have some major dirt on him – something so bad it would affect his ability to get re-elected, even in SC.

28 Likes

He’s lost all claims to honor. He’s about as good an example of boot-licking lackey as you can get. And the question is what is it getting him?

25 Likes

This trial keeps coming back to me as a telling sign and important political moment.

29 Likes

Trump must have photographs…

6 Likes

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo seeking materials related to then-Vice President Joe Biden’s interactions with Ukrainian officials.

And if Pompeo turns over one fucking post-it note’s worth of material, Democrats will have a great argument in all of the court cases where he hasn’t. If subpoenas can be ignored, why would he respond to this one?

48 Likes

I find it odd that their sole lifeline seems to fully depend on this conspiracy theory, and on nothing good that they have actually done for this country. They cannot go to the American people and say, “Hey! We cracked down in illegal immigrant children by putting them in cages. Vote for us!” They cannot say, “Vote for us because we stabbed the Kurds in the back.” They have nothing positive that they have done for this country. Period. All they do have is fiction, or in their words, fake stories to denigrate anyone who would challenge their hold on power.

But, i’ve got news for the Dotard. We will prevail! We’ll see you in jail.

38 Likes

Graham is attempting to give credence to Republicans’ baseless conspiracy theory

You know, I’m beginning to think he’s not a fair-minded person …

27 Likes

Can’t disagree.

12 Likes
  1. Denial: denying they are gay
  2. Anger: being angry about being gay, treating it like an unfortunate event that is irritating
  3. Bargaining: thinking maybe there is a way to convince themselves they are not gay, put off the coming out process, try to pass as straight, etc.
  4. Depression: becoming sad when thinking about the upcoming challenges of being gay and the loss of an easier life as a straight person, the possibility of people rejecting them or discriminating, etc.
  5. Acceptance: accepting they are gay (Linsday will not reach this stage)
6 Likes

“Based on questions and statements I have heard, some of you on this committee appear to believe that Russia and its security services did not conduct a campaign against our country—and that perhaps, somehow, for some reason, Ukraine did,” she said. “This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services themselves.”

#Leningrad Lindsey, “Hold my beer.”

22 Likes

The return Putin gets on his investment never stops giving. I really hope the Democratic nominee makes this point again and again. It’s not only true but it will drive the fat piece of shit crazy.

23 Likes

Hunter Biden was kicked out of the military for cocaine abuse. A paternity test just proved he fathered a child out of wedlock, and the test was needed to force him to admit paternity and provide child support. He gladly took a job in a corruption riddled nation full of corrupt corporations, instead of procuring work in any of dozens of domestic energy firms that may have wanted his services. He knows his father is weathering scrutiny on the national stage, with aspirations for the Presidency, dealing with a sociopath & narcissist willing to take advantage of any crack in the armor, even if it means manufacturing them out of thin air.

And Joe Biden’s problems are because of Donald Trump and Lindsey Graham?

8 Likes

Trump is making Graham do this, but I don’t think it helps him. Trump is going to skate in the Senate trial, period. Why would he want to put more of a spotlight on Ukraine, which, let’s face it, most Americans don’t give a sh*t about anyway?

5 Likes

Trump should just take the money and run. Why is he making Lindsey do this?

1 Like

I want this one to swing from a very high lamp post for his treason.

2 Likes

so why not play it right back at trump.
start on ivanka and jared along with dimwit jr and eric.
with the right prosecutors, they would be indicted shortly for all kinds of criminal activity and the fun and games would end.
let the family wannabe mob boss chew on that for the next year no matter how it turns out for him.
all the puzzle pieces are available.
just need it put together into a fine masterpiece.

14 Likes

Graham has proven to be a purely Machiavellian figure. He lives to derive power from the prince and finds any other ethics or pursuits pointless.

He’s played his cards and exposed himself. The bipartisan act he put on with McCain and Lieberman was simply and extension of his scheming.

History probably won’t be kind to him but if he’s who I think he is, I’m not sure he cares. Power is to be exercised when you are alive. There is no power in posterity.

26 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available