Graham Finally Creeps Out From Behind Trump’s Shadow To Back Cheney | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) threw his support behind Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Tuesday after the House conference chair weathered a barrage of attacks from Trump loyalists in the House who are calling on her to step down as conference chair after she voted to impeach the nation’s 45th president last month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1357911
1 Like

Creeps suggests a somewhat upright posture.

Slithers is more appropriate.

44 Likes

Talking about the lack of moral compass… what this guy has is a ultra sensitive wind vane

34 Likes

His world is one big lazy Susan. Round and round he goes…

Until [Individual-1] natters at him. This is what everyone meant when asking when the pivot would happen.

14 Likes

The best description of Lindsey has always been that of a remora fish. Latching on to wherever he thinks the power resides. Ted Cruz is the same.

The only thing that makes him change his mind is self preservation. So does that mean he’s finally seen the death of the GOP as donors flee?

40 Likes

WTF does 9/11 have to do with this? Graham channeling Giuliani.

19 Likes

I used to find Graham amusing sometimes. I hated his hawkishness, and GOPishness generally, but I could see he might be fun at a dinner party, even that he might have a redeeming human characteristic or two despite his other sins.

He’s dead to me now.

22 Likes

That oughta help

6 Likes

This has got to be a fake Lindsey.

3 Likes

Lindsey finally creeps out …

13 Likes

A bucket-load of psycho-pathologies, Lindsey Graham is searching—creepily— for a new Father-figure. Does he think Moscow Mitch can be his new Daddy?

17 Likes

Of course if Graham should find himself in an airport, and gets yelled again for this position by the MAGA mob, he will flip like an Olympic gymnast.

10 Likes

Graham’s renewed support of his colleague

2 Likes

Again after checking who voted more times for Trump’s agenda, it was Liz and not Matt.
Trump may not like it but Lindsey seems to take this little ditty to heart:
“Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other’s gold.” Donnie’s probably mad that he hasn’t reached the gold level of friendship.

8 Likes

O good grief, Lindsey. You worm.

30 Likes

Gold plated

5 Likes

Well he had to do SOMETHING after last nights insistence that he would ‘HAVE TO DEMAND AN INVESTIGATION’ if the Democrats insist on an impeachment trial! Well yes…you go Linds. We’re in the middle of said ‘investigation’.

5 Likes

I’m having a hard time keeping up with which Rethug thinks this way or that way about a fellow Rethug. I’ll repeat, Rethugs in disarray like I don’t remember seeing.

9 Likes

I won’t trouble my thoughts for Linz’s sake but it’s interesting that Trump gets no more scalps—if you’re pissed about his attacking you and you can’t really let it go, then vote how you gotta vote and no hard feelings from your friends in the other chamber. The overarching decision seems to be that if it’s Trump or the party, Trump loses.

17 Likes

Mitch would ask for a retroactive abortion.

3 Likes