Governors Across The Nation Are Rejecting Trump’s Call To Reopen Economy | Talking Points Memo

Looking for something science-y to do? Try https://www.inaturalist.org/

You can only mow the lawn so many times…

3 Likes

Hey, I’m crass enough to hope he gets it. I can’t think of any reason not to hope for his demise from natural causes. Not to mention the poetic justice of his falling victim to his own incompetence.

7 Likes

Looking at maps, air traffic is clearly one of the main drivers. Here’s a map from wikipedia of airports by traffic volume compared with the latest NYT map:

I made this comparison because I was curious about the effect of the crowds at airports following the bungled travel ban on 3/14. It’s hard to tell whether it’s causation or merely correlation, but it’s certainly plausible it had a major effect.

12 Likes

You mean that thing currently under six inches of snow here? :slight_smile:

If you’re stuck indoors also the extensive collection of work at Zooniverse.

2 Likes

That is marvelous. Thanks so much!

4 Likes

It’s what John and Chuck would have done (Methodist in-joke).

2 Likes

I’m counting down the hours now for myself. I spent a couple of hours in O’Hare and then pass through in MSP on 12 March. My 14 days are up tomorrow. So far, so good. Been self-sequestering ever since, except for groceries and pharmacy.

8 Likes

Music to every author’s ears.

 

You’ll like it – if you like mordant wit and can look at the New Testament with a sense of humor.

2 Likes

Just look at the nose lifting into the air! Trump’s farts are suffocating that hippie.

1 Like

It’s pretty powerful that not a single Governor is following the lead of our demented Dear Leader. It’s because most aren’t psychopathic enough to be cavalier about the lives of their citizens.

9 Likes

I think Cuomo should commandeer Trump tower and turn it into a sick ward (and then rename it while it’s under gov’t control) as should any local or federal gov’t that can over any Trump property. Pure fantasy sure, but I’m sitting at home with not much else to do.

9 Likes

I do too. It’s past time - turn Trump Tower into a hospital.

8 Likes

I suspect the only churches that will be open are the evangelical churches. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

@thunderclapnewman

You can also take a tour of the NY Botanical Gardens Orchid Show.

2 Likes

Orchids are very easy to grow—but it takes a miracle from Dog to make them bloom.

3 Likes

So I’ve heard.

I’ve never had enough indoor sun (apartment dweller) to even try. I have a friend with western exposure windows who did manage to get some blooms.

But the humidity requirements are difficult too.

2 Likes

And their 25% of the economy. Jealousy runs deep and sour inside the orange noggin.

7 Likes

And more Darwinism natural selection will step in.

It happened last week at a church in Houston. Someone collapsed. They were infected. Some 40 people were exposed.

6 Likes

Mine used to bloom twice a year and they were deeply neglected. But I have the perfect lighting in the living room.

I had some so long that I just finally got rid of them all.

5 Likes

Trumps makeup is done as expertly as always. Not.

5 Likes