Nope, Trump is 5’4", he just forgot to wear his lifts.
The people in the states will remember what their governor did. They lived through it.
What media does with this later is the problem eternal. Even now we see what’s been done w David Katz “wisdom” – the way it was jumped on to squeeze the whole issue into an either or, grandparents VS their grandchildren’s future. Idiot played right into Trump’s MO.
Huuuge problem is the bubble Republican / Libertarian elites live within, how they convince each other after the fact of whatever history conveniently serves their interests.
Sometimes, as w Mueller, all you can do is document, carefully, broadly, anyway you can
…and he causes lots and lots of emergencies! Governors should have anticipated the calamity as only he can do. Therefore, it’s all the State’s fault. It’s not like Hillary didn’t warn us, or anything!
I heard a discussion about Trumps claim about Coumo having a chance to buy ventilators a few years ago but didn’t.The reporter said Coumo may have had that opportunity and didn’t buy those ventilators because he had no knowledge that this epidemic would strike a few years later.
Also saw a neighbor on his porch this morning,retired and Vietnam vet,says he usually comes out about 4 in the morning and he said to me.No airplanes are flying,certain things you don’t notice when you’ve been the house for awhile and after he said that to me I took notice,Silence in the skies.
He’s such a hoarder! In a national emergency!!! Geeze!!!
I want that book!
That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Me too. I’d not heard of it before, but I’ve been looking at the description at Amazon and listening to the audiobook sample, and I’m intrigued. No time to read it now, but it’s going in my wish list for sure.
I live close to San Antonio international airport (but not under direct flight paths thank goodness.)
I’ve been hearing planes all week. Cargo planes usually fly out between 5-6 am, so most of the take offs, and landings, are passenger planes.
I tell family and friends to stay strong and positive. We’ve seen so much goodness by ordinary people, medical care and first responders, plus all those working at low wages helping us to get food and prescriptions. trump will “eventually burn though this and like magic” will be gone November 4. I hope sooner, but he will be gone.
Peace, and lots and lots of snark and humor. Fellow TPMers are a lifeline through this historic time.
See: 2 Timothy 3:2
And all Trump had to do was NOT get rid of the White House pandemic team two years ago and stay out of their way and let them do their jobs.
And so started, the Great Trump Depression…
Wonder who will play Tom Joad in the 2021 remake of the Grapes of Wrath?
He didn’t want to take responsibility. Others took charge. My guess is they will continue to take charge and he will become increasing irrelevant in the decision making process and when we get to the other side (and most of us will), he’ll take credit for getting us there.
I don’t live really near and airport but Newark Airport( commercial) in New Jersey and Teterboro Airport and Essex county airport(Mainly private jets and small planes) do have flight patterns near me,Still quiet though,for now.
I respectfully disagree.
It’s not like anyone in his cabinet or the 52 enablers in the Senate are going to call him out. We’re seriously in some deep shit and it’s going to get progressively worse. Let’s say he tries to override all the governors and lift all social distancing. At what point does no one say anything? After 500,000 preventable deaths? A million?
Dog, I hope so.
“The full problem won’t become clear until the Department of Labor releases national unemployment data on Thursday”
Trump was trying to be cute about that last week.Which I know you know.
" * Economy
Trump Administration Asks States to Keep Quiet About Jobless Figures
Coronavirus crisis spurs a spike in unemployment claims as industries are forced to shut down"
Jig is up on this one.
Be safe, Thunderclap.
I’m staying home, doing yard work, cleaning house, and making an occasional run to the neighborhood Kroger, hand sanitizer at the ready, and wearing disposable gloves.
Just got a note from the pastor of the church I attended in Minnesota.
The Bishop of the Methodist church in three States has ordered that there be no in-person services in his territory until 10 May; that as much as he hates to do this, Easter will not be celebrated within the four walls of the churches in this territory.
So Trump loses. Let’s see him EO this over the Bishop. Make my day.