GOP Sure Is Acting Like The Dog That Caught The Car - TPM – Talking Points Memo

7 Likes

If you did, I imagine you would be a great risk of being prosecuted for a wide variety of things starting with kidnapping. And think of the opportunity for actual human traffickers once desperate young girls are in a position of having to trust strangers to transport them across state lines… that alone is terrifying to me. They are calling teachers groomers and pedophiles for having books about same-sex couples in the classroom… they will definitely be lumping you in with Epstein, etc.

It’s a misleading headline. From the article:

In all, more than 1 million people became Republicans compared to about 630,000 who became Democrats.

So a net advantage of 370,000 registrations across 42 states is hardly a tsunami; especially if you account for people such as yourself who have only switched to influence the outcome of closed primaries.

2 Likes

Adding a bit of info…

That little tuft of chin hair is why kitty cat doggie is named Billy Goat . And now you know :grin:

5 Likes

Before the last election, a post card addressed to my son arrived, urging him to vote. He’s already solidy Dem but when I explained that there are people volunteering to write these cards and send them out, he was impressed.

He occasionally baits the GQP posters on social media by listing actual facts and linking them to their blathering. It’s fun to watch them implode.

5 Likes

When I was a young lad listening to Beatles as well as the pop music from the 60’s on there was always this group of rough, borderline juvenile delinquent, edgy greaser types who were well into the Sabbath oeuvre. Needless to say I dipped my toe, and then some there.

3 Likes

I definitely end up donating less because I am so frustrated by it. I wish I could fight through it better, but for now, the constant pummeling after one-time donations to Beto and Collin Allred results in less of my money in their war chests.

They don’t want the Facts, ma’am, just the blathering. Tell your son to keep on baiting them, love that tactic!

I myself have somehow gotten on POS poser billi posey, reThug rep of Florida mailing list.
Recent mailer was about him wanting to Impeach President Biden.
The words he uses, nothing but BLATHER!
No surprise, as he finished a speech earlier this year with Let’s Go Brandon. (House Floor)

1 Like

[Bugs Bunny voice] Mmmmmmm, could be.

WTF! That pair looks creepy as fuck! They each got that psychotic-like-leering smile that instinct has programmed most of us to stay well clear of.

1 Like

Died in his bed.

1 Like

…COLLEGE football games: priorities, people, priorities!!

Yes, McCabe and Mrs. Miller. great setting - and ending. Early Robert Altman.

Shampoo comes to mind too. Christie at a restaurant standing at the bar, back to the audience in a backless sequin dress.

ETA: Yummy

1 Like

Actually, we’re both right, he died in his bed, was buried, dug up, tried and beheaded.

1 Like

You’re a flower, you are.

3 Likes

Sigh. You are a strong resilient Hatmama,
@Hatmama
Sincerely SheSellsSeashells.
:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Thank you! :hugs: :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Julie Christie SIZZLED in that movie… And I mean that honestly. And all that hair! :star_struck:

1 Like

I saw it at the Cinerama in Seattle. What an amazing experience!

I’ve got that too. Just waiting until I have a peaceful four hour block of time to devote to it.

1 Like

One person’s “encouragement” is another person’s “conspiracy.”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available