GOP Stunts Cement Its Status As The Pro-Pandemic And Pro-Insurrection Party | Talking Points Memo

We looking at the same publication? I see zero stories about Trump. I see some about his “minions,” but since the entire GOP could be considered his minions it would be hard to cover politics and not have a few mentions of the minions.

36 Likes

Hmmmmm…maybe that’s why Yertle is so pro-vax.

(Yes, I know about the polio. But Yertle is against ACA, so actual health care issues are not a convincing argument for me.)

10 Likes

Well…CONSISTENCY has never been party of the Republicans schtick. These overindulged, self entitled twerps ‘think’ it is their RIGHT DAMMIT to infect whoever they choose and ‘they’ don’t have to follow the ‘rules’.

5 Likes

Croup Attempt By House Republicans

House GOPers Mill Around Senate, Breathing Heavily

“This is ridiculous,” said Florida Representative Matt Gaetz. Then he sneezed, leaned back, and hawked a lugee.

10 Likes

It’s the sleaze caucus.

12 Likes

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

How old is Grassley again?

9 Likes

Says the guy who is such a coward he lets other people take the blame for things he does, and is too weak to accept that he lost the election.
He’s a coward. He’s a coward. He’s a coward. His sniveling son and pathetic base can post as many pictures as they want of his head photo-shopped on a person who actually exercises. He’s not a hero. He’s a coward.
(Sorry…I know I’m preaching to the choir. But for him to call anyone a “pussie”…for the love of G*d…)

29 Likes

With the bonus that this 5G is actually trying to take control of us.

15 Likes

I think the reason it’s not required on the Senate side is that the members have been less obstinate than the House GOP about getting vaccinated and revealing their status. If they’ve all been vaccinated, then they’re just following the current CDC recommendations about how it’s okay to be indoors without a mask if everyone is known to be vaccinated, and you’re not in an area of “high transmission.” DC isn’t one of those areas right now.

I agree that should probably change, now that it’s becoming clear that vaccinated people can transmit the virus as easily as the unvaccinated. The more vulnerable Senators can still mask up if they want to, and some may be doing that.

13 Likes

Three of the most popular clubs in New Orleans came together and announced that no one can get in without a vax card or proof of a recent test. I like seeing this push back. The non vaxed can sit at home with their viral load. Of course, I wonder if counterfeit vax cards will become a thing.

25 Likes

Because they are not rioters, they are terrorists and insurrectionists and traitors. Pretty sure they are too stupid to hide the proof of their treason. Charge, try, convict and execute. Grant, Sherman and Sheridan wouldn’t do it 156 years ago, which is why we are still fighting the motherfuckers.

11 Likes

Counterfeit vax cards will definitely be a thing. I could do it on my printer in about 15 minutes including the stickers. It’s far too easy to fake. I’m still glad to see those clubs requiring it because it’s good social pressure. Some restaurants are also starting to require vax cards as well.

10 Likes

I don’t think they all need to be executed, but I would give them extra time just for pleading not guilty.

You are on film, facebook and twitter bragging about it, and you have the nerve to tell me you’re innocent? Max sentence +1

12 Likes

When I got my card in May I looked at it and thought how easy it would be to create a fake. I’m assuming now a fair percentage of the card wielding people’s are fake.

11 Likes

We have more weasel wording from Faux News (True Noise): the truth is that there is no evidence of widespread election fraud. You can’t have proof without evidence, so those propagandists at Faux are still shading the truth.

6 Likes

The CDC is wrong. Every other health agency in Canada and elsewhere say, where the freaking mask after vaccination. The Delta variant is powerful.

4 Likes

Wacky GOP Stunts Cement Its Status As The Pro-Pandemic And Pro-Insurrection Party

Yeah, we got that many months ago, but I guess the critters feel a need to clarify just in case anyone missed any of the other daily memos.

5 Likes

Good morning, Reverend Spooner…

6 Likes

The CDC isn’t wrong, it’s just impossible to cover every situation with the same guidelines. I’m having some friends over this afternoon to play some music together, an acoustic jam. They say they’ve been vaccinated and I’ve known them for years so I trust them. The local vax rate is 70%, and while cases are rising, they’re still very low in number. So we’re not going to wear masks here in the house.

Is there still a chance I could get infected if one of my friends is infected and asymptomatic? Sure, but I’ll take that chance because it’s reasonable under the circumstances, and the alternative is living life as a hermit for another year or two. The Senate is a different situation. Lots of people coming and going, and vulnerable older people we can’t afford to lose (at least on the Dem side). So they should be doing something different.

16 Likes

I would add if some of the buildings suffered some mild damage vs “failed.”
10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available