GOP Stunts Cement Its Status As The Pro-Pandemic And Pro-Insurrection Party | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

While you may have been tracking the latest developments in the infrastructure dance in the Senate or the evolving understanding of the Delta variant or the Tokyo Olympics or even the MLB trade deadline, House Republicans were busy Thursday undertaking not one but TWO different stunts to cement its status as the pro-pandemic/pro-insurrection party:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382904
1 Like

Are The Rioters Getting Off Too Easy?

Yes.

41 Likes

Donald Trump Says Jan. 6 Cops Who Spoke to Congress Are ‘Pussies’ (thedailybeast.com)

20 Likes

Repugnicants still don’t understand that they need suburban women to win and that suburban women ( even the ones that vote Republican) are not interested in their anti-vax lunacy.

Please continue to be the Pro-death and Pro-death of Democracy party. It suits you all so well.

26 Likes

Gaetz, Greene, Gohmert, and Gosar–The Four Goons, no doubt about it.

29 Likes

Watching the unmasked House Republicans milling about outside the Senate, it was hard not to see this as a quiet attempted coup: All it takes is infecting one elderly Democratic senator from a red state to flip the Senate back to GOP control.

When does that become a homicide?

30 Likes

Also, all it would take is infecting two elderly R senators and then we could do whatever we wished.

It’s a double edged sword.

49 Likes

And they get paid the same to do their traveling clown show as others in the House get paid to, you know, govern.

But, I guess this is the closest they can come to doing so and really consider it their primary job. Their constituents must, too.

11 Likes

OT: That moment when even Faux Noise thinks you’ve gone too far:

MyPillow to Pull Ads From Fox News in Disagreement With Network - WSJ

“Mike Lindell said he made the decision after Fox News declined to run a commercial linked to his efforts to promote his claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 presidential election. Security and election officials have said there is no proof of widespread election fraud.”

16 Likes

Add Graham and you’re 5G!

36 Likes

Unmasked unvaccinated GQP House Representatives wish to visit unmasked, unvaccinated prisoners in the Age of Delta.

What could possibly go wrong?

13 Likes

It’s extremely telling that the FOP has not come out on any of this - either on one side or the other. They haven’t defended the officers, nor pushed back on the denigration these folks have faced. They have not made any statements as to whether these guys were making this up or sincerely had their lives threatened.

They’ve said nothing. And statements like this one, made privately or publicly, will go a whole lot farther to destroy law enforcement than defunding the police efforts.

Not to mention how it will impact what kind of people will now apply for the job in the future. Police are rapidly becoming as hated as teachers.

22 Likes

Not one single thing on the front page about the infrastructure bill. Nearly every story is about the former guy or his minions. Trump Point Memo lives.

10 Likes

The GQP Representatives are allowed to leave?

17 Likes

Stunts: It’s all the Republicans have.

18 Likes

Cunning Stunts.

17 Likes

I’m sorry but why aren’t Senators wearing masks? That’s fucked up. Most of them are ancient and out of shape, probably with underlying medical issues. This sends a a bad signal to the rest of America.

Smart people know the Vaccine is not enough to ward off COVID. Masks are needed. In this case both Dems and Repubs are being stupid.

22 Likes

Propped up by constituents who either don’t pay attention or love the troll.

3 Likes

I remember that joke….

4 Likes

I’m having a bit of dyslexia here. I’m seeing Stunning

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available