GOP Stunned To Discover It’s Not Running Against A Cadaver I

deplorables seems quite the understatement now

4 Likes

According to Rep. Gwen Moore (D-WI), she took the seat because she arrived late and didn’t want to stand for the speech after also being advised that no one wanted to sit next to the controversial Georgia Republican.

oh gosh, what an unlucky break for her. Sounds like she handled it with more patience than MTG deserved.

9 Likes

George handled Mace really well, I thought and didn’t let her get away with her lies. He said, “We’ll let the audience decide if I’m shaming you.” Then he kept on asking her why she was supporting a convicted rapist. She just refused to answer the question because she couldn’t. She looked really bad in spite of her efforts.

7 Likes

Stephanopoulos pressed Mace several times, and she accused him of shaming her each time.

“And this is why women won’t come forward,” Mace complained at one point.

"Women won’t come forward because they’re defamed by those who perpetrate rape," Stephanopoulos remarked.

wow, I’m impressed, that is an excellent response.

13 Likes

It was pretty good. They even referenced the lies about the rape story happening years ago in a different country. Nice to see that fact checking getting out there to a more mainstream audience.

And Scarlett did a good job being creepy (though in some ways she wasn’t creepy enough).

4 Likes

That’s as despicable as it gets. A form of ‘Stolen Valor’. Right up there with Katie Britt. Using their ‘womanhood’ for brownie points while weaponizing monstrous stories of rape in order to benefit the Bad Guys.

7 Likes

I maintain, a couple of sharp elbows to her seat partner would’ve made a much more enjoyable evening.

Especially if they were stealth sharp elbows…

2 Likes

12 Likes
4 Likes

I’m sure Joe Biden’s border policy made him do it

3 Likes

Just the other day a raw milk cheese manufacturer along with his company pleaded guilty due to an outbreak of listeria that killed two people and left six others hospitalized, prosecutors said. He was fined $100k and could face some prison time. Congressman Massie can go back to reading his kids Ayn Rand bedtime stories about how the cruel oppressive government is going after hardworking dairy farmers who sell raw milk.

7 Likes

Oh my. That truly makes my eyes squeeze shut (unfortunately, that came out first as “squeeze shit.”) I’m sorry…

Viktor Orban

“Peace under Russia.”
– Echoing Republican Foreign Policy, 2024

3 Likes

The comments section of the NYT is a less than authoritative source of information.

Chubb is not giving trump $92 million for the heck of it. trump is giving more than $92 million for Chubb to play with while he appeals. That’s how appellate bonds work.

4 Likes

For the record, the farm DOESN’T due goat milk cheese, milk, etc., for this very reason (in addition to the law that Connecticut doesn’t permit unpasteurized milk to leave the property).

3 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks! Here’s hoping!

And on paper probably way more than 92M. Surety or lenders demand surplus collateral if they’re security is in 2nd or 3rd or worse position. Good luck managing the risk for the NY State bond.

4 Likes

If he’s not paying Chubb in cash – and there’s really no way he can do so for the NY state bond – then he’s going to have to pledge a lot more property to secure it because of all the time and trouble it will take Chubb to foreclose and get it sold. And that’s close to impossible when there are mortgages or other existing liens on the property.

3 Likes

Perhaps, they will take trump’s evaluations, like MAL is worth $1.8 billion. The bond company will be so conservative with the properties, like the golf properties that do nothing but lose money. Can’t evaluate it as a business. What a lovely mess trump is in. I think the financial media has always overvalued trump’s wealth and when you get into the brass tacks, I wouldn’t be surprised that he doesn’t even have the asset value to bond out 500+ million.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available