GOP Stunned To Discover It’s Not Running Against A Cadaver I

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1482875
1 Like

President marble mouth delivers an incomprehensible SOTU fiLLEd with Lies! Katie Britt delivers a scintillating rebuttal from her Kitchen, where she is right where she should be, chained to her stove (not sure if she is barefoot and pregnant though).

And PupPy is like, whatev, I’m checking out the toilet.

88 Likes

“Joe Biden comes out punching, but are they nerf fists?”

(inspired by a headline in the Guardian)

34 Likes

86 Likes

Sleepy Joe takes them out behind the woodshed.

73 Likes

Christamitey!?

79 Likes

Funny

Not funny.

20 Likes

Biden could have given the Gettysburg Address, George Washington’s Farewell speech, and the Sermon on the Mount rolled into one – but about 45% of the American people are so corrupted in their inner nature by systematic brainwashing that it would just bounce off them like Swedish peas off an Abrams tank.

80 Likes

Unlike those two unlucky souls, irony proves that it is indeed, not dead.

Too soon?

2 Likes

Irony of the most tragic kind.

19 Likes

Trump panics but his base will hate this!
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

“The Pandemic no longer controls our lives. The Vaccines that saved us from COVID are now being used to help beat Cancer – Turning setback into comeback!” YOU’RE WELCOME, JOE, NINE MONTH APPROVAL TIME VS. 12 YEARS THAT IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU!

41 Likes

" * Politico: Biden chooses a hammer over an olive branch"

Go fuck yourselves, Politico. He hammered out danger. He hammered out a warning. And he hammered out the love between our brothers and our sisters all over this land lol

204 Likes

Nice to know that Alabama is represented in the Senate by a failed football coach and Talky Tina From The Twilight Zone.

105 Likes

123 Likes

Cults adapt and cope better than you might think.

29 Likes

thumbnail-6

People are saying Mike Johnson looked uncomfortable and petty by not clapping last night but the man was obviously visibly consumed with fear that his son might wack off during the State of the Union.https://t.co/Gpn5kjecor

— L O L G O P (@LOLGOP) March 8, 2024
79 Likes

I loved Biden’s righteous indignation last night. Since I was watching the White House feed, I didn’t see the pans to audience members after particular (memorable) lines–it’s going to be fun to see them today.

53 Likes

That was weird. Like some strange surrealistic comedy skit.

49 Likes

I was just saying on another thread before MM popped up…we need to get much more of this. It doesn’t always have to be Joe…but moments of clarity with our current media are very rare. We need to grab cameras, grab attention, give the speeches, change our campaign ads. We fight at such a deficit in this media-world.

Every time the Dems had the reasons to put live cameras on us in the Chump era…we were nearly perfect. (Mueller and Russia and Ukraine hearings, impeachments, debates, J6C, SOTUs, etc) The people were hungry to actually see/hear how our govt. works and Dems looked great every time, and Rs looked like criminals and thugs every time. Got to start forcing the media’s hands…because Gawd knows we get the short end 365 days a year. As we run up to the 24 election, we need to pull every stunt possible to steal some marches on the media.

Also campaign ads HAVE to change. I am seeing ads already. The ads against Derrick Van Orden in SW Wisc. are basically kitchen table ads. That’s OK, but the guy is basically a criminal, a gun-nut, a drunk, an insurrectionist, and publicly shamed himself a number of times as their congress person. Better strap-up and be ready to come hard, Dems. No more peanut-butter sammich ads.

100 Likes

Now Peter, Paul and Mary will be in my head all day, lol

48 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available