GOP Stunned To Discover It’s Not Running Against A Cadaver I

Republicans who have turned Joseph R. Biden into a caricature of falling-down dementia and drooling incontinence have set the bar so low that anything above a flatline EKG from the president knocks them back on their heels.

No doubt the same will be when reality strikes their confidence in the acuity and mental stability of their MAGAt overlord, as well.

23 Likes

I’m glad she spoke from where she should remain.

/s

14 Likes

The only thing missing was Talky Tina telling Lassie to go get Timmy for his lunch with Campbell’s Vegetable Soup.

39 Likes

Jerry Nadler: No one’s gonna call you cognitively impaired now

Biden: I kinda wish sometimes I was cognitively impaired

As you can see, this exchange took place after the SOTU address when Biden was chatting up with his friends in Congress for 30 minutes. So Biden was wearing a “hot mic” when that happened. It was fortunate that this is a great exchange. Nonetheless, there should be a staffer assigned whose job it is to remove the pin-on microphone as soon as Joe is finished speaking his prepared remarks anywhere. Hot mics, or secretly taped remarks meant to be kept private, are fast food for media vultures.

39 Likes

The first 3 years of Biden’s presidency were nothing BUT olive branch, and Republicans and SineManchin and the Supreme Council used that branch to whip Biden down to 38 percent approval. About time to try the hammer instead.

110 Likes

She reminded me of the Courtroom scene from “Bananas” where Miss America is called as a witness.

11 Likes

I don’t get why people are being so critical.

Katie Britt’s audition for the reboot of Misery was sublime. pic.twitter.com/HRpGxir24J

— Jack E. Smith ⚖️ (@7Veritas4) March 8, 2024
31 Likes

Only sending their best to Washington!

5 Likes

Now is the time on Fuckwits when we dance!

28 Likes

Was MAGAt Mike sitting on a pile of phone books? Did he get a little friendly tip from Ron DethSantis’ image guru?

66 Likes

61 Likes

Dark Brandon shoving that MAGA cap down MTG’s throat would have been a nice touch. I guess he’s too old to have done it (actually, I think he’s too dignified and had to restrain himself).

31 Likes

He’s standing on the seat?

25 Likes

Sears catalogs. Or a Denny’s booster seat.

28 Likes

It’s a shame they cut the camera’s off before her husband walked in and demanded her to make a sandwich for him…and get him a beer from the fridge…

57 Likes

WaPo had eight columnists and writers provide ongoing commentary during the speech:
Jim Geraghty, Jason Willick, Megan McArdle, E.J. Dionne Jr., Alexandra Petri, Catherine Rampell, Shadi Hamid and Eduardo Porter and moderated by the Post Opinions editor Alexi McCammond.
It was generally positive, and Megan McArdle was really the only Debbie Downer. At the conclusion of the speech she wrote:

I’m a little more negative. If you tuned in at the beginning or the end, it was very high energy and well-rehearsed. In the middle, it was weaker, with some slurring and bobbles, which will mar what otherwise might have been viral clips and raises the question of how many speeches he can crank out over the next six months.

She must have read the other commentary, because she then added;

On the other hand everyone else seems to have been watching a different and much more effective speech, so probably I’m wrong.

:slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/03/07/live-commentary-biden-state-union-opinions/

54 Likes

He hammered out justice and he hammered out freedom.

51 Likes

No that’s the look of a kid when they come out on Christmas morning and the puppy they wanted is there.

23 Likes

During the few times Speaker Jesusbot stood up, I got the impression that Kamala Harris is the taller of the two.

26 Likes

Bonus Watch Mr Sweater Vest cry for 14 min over his lost stadium
Video of/Commentary on Youngkin’s Whiny, Self-Pitying, Petulant Press Conference on the Wizards/Caps Arena…as Senators Lucas, Locke and Ebbin Look on Scornfully | Blue Virginia

30 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available