GOP Sen. Cornyn Troubled By Biden Posting Normal Tweets

Yeah, and their version of ‘Tex-Mex’ is not what you think.

Not that it is bad, just way fuckin’ different!

1 Like

I will be in Dallas this weekend to celebrate my father-in-laws birthday and see my son, who also lives there, who is becoming quite the beef brisket player. He ‘experiments’ every weekend with various brisket rubs and cooking procedures.

(Don’t tell anyone, but I am more excited about having dinner at his house as opposed to celebrating with my 93-year old father in-law. . Fortunately, my spouse agrees!)

Was the above said out loud or just in my own mind? Does that make me a bad person or just a foodie? Oh well!

1 Like

The pinnacle of barbecue is beef brisket, no doubt. But I’m a fan of all the various styles, including North and South Carolina’s takes on pork. Hell, I barbecued a turkey with a Carolina mop sauce last Thanksgiving, and it was the best turkey I’ve ever had. But if it ain’t smoked low and slow, it ain’t barbecue – it’s just grilling. Californians besmirch the word with what they’re doing out there.

3 Likes

RIGHT!

And, I agree, it’s hard to resist really good pork. Damn. I’m getting hungry.

2 Likes

ronjon with less hair is wasting time bitchin about President Biden not wasting time tweeting.
Push off MFer

That’s because it’s not Tex Mex.

I have never seen Tex Mex offered in New Mexico. They have their own Mexican food - New Mexican.

3 Likes

wRONge deathSentence
prick scott
marble RUBEio
bill POSey
Gaetz gate
orange tang himself.
And all the other scummy lower level turds.
(like Seminole tax collector…)
Strangerthanfiction, I feel for you for sure!

Yes. It is it’s own style.

If you travel, as it appears you do, west from the I-35 corridor to New Mexico and into Arizona, Mexican food evolves in many wonderful and interesting ways. But, by the time you get to California, it is barely recognizable unless you find a good spot in the Barrio.

Damn, I am REALLY getting hungry. I so want to go to Matt’s El Rancho or Franklins!

1 Like

Totally agree. I haven’t been to California in over 30 years now but that definitely used to be the situation and especially in Northern California. I swear they served me taco once with pizza sauce on it.

Worst Mexican Food Ever - the coast.

1 Like

Totally agree. I haven’t been to California in over 30 years now but that definitely used to be the situation and especially in Northern California. I swear they served me a taco once with pizza sauce on it.

Worst Mexican Food Ever - the coast. Especially Seattle and surrounds. They have no fucking clue what a jalapeno or a Hatch green chile is. IF it’s hot they freak the fuck out and won’t eat it.

2 Likes

I think that may be a venial sin.

1 Like

Cornyn is upset that President Biden doesn’t tweet like a rabid, shit throwing howler monkey. That’s just pathetic.

2 Likes

It better be one. hahahahahahaha I mean I was so appalled.

I’ve had some really good Mexican food in Arizona.

1 Like

There’s a piece on CNN on so many people moving to Texas from CA because they don’t like the COVID restrictions and, of course, Democrats. Good. We don’t want them. Cornyn and Cruz got themselves some new voters. Keep them.

2 Likes

Welp Mr Cornyn, Biden is spending his time doing his job rather than throwing hissy fits and whining on Fox that nobody is loyal enough. Cornyn sees normal behavior as a problem. Goes to show ya that Goobers ARE NOT NORMAL!! THEY ARE FREELY ADMITTING THEY’RE OFF KILTER AND LOST IN LA LA LAND.
And I guess that’s a sort of perverse thing to enjoy from my perspective.

2 Likes

We don’t want them!

1 Like

From time to time I buy a bottled green chile from Santa Fe Ole. The medium is HOT (and I have lived here a while). I haven’t felt the need to try the hot.
The Thais have hot and then Thai hot. Thai hot and New Mexican Hot maybe comparable.
Horseman’s Haven, south Santa Fe if you want to burn something to the ground but there is better flavored chile around.

We do not do “Tex-Mex” here. That is not really chile that is served with that anyway.

An overheard Assistant director at a photoshoot in Santa Fe:

“So I went to Tomasitas last night and ordered a bowl of chile.
The waitress said, ‘It is just chile.’
I said, ‘Yeah, I just want chile.’
She said, ‘It is just chile’
I said, ‘Yeah, I just want chile’
So she brought it and it was just chile!”*
*In New Mexico if you want beans or posole in there you ask for them.

1 Like

What an idiot!

Chile is OK if you know what is coming. Muy caliente!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available