GOP Sen. Cornyn Troubled By Biden Posting Normal Tweets

Is this really happening?

On Monday morning, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) tweeted this excerpt from a Politico article on President Joe Biden’s modest media presence:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369141
1 Like

Translation: "We Got Nothin’ "

87 Likes

Is Joe a great POTUS or what?

67 Likes

Dear Sen. Cornyn,
GFY. Sideways.
Signed,
American citizen

32 Likes

OMG Biden is so boring…
We really need a scandal made up or not
Whatever does the GOP have to run on???

37 Likes

Whenever I’m troubled by the number of people who buy into republican crap, I know I can find comfort in the responses to every stupid tweet by Cornyn.

27 Likes

Hey! The prezdincee is supposed to be a REALITY SHOW! Where’s the teevie theatrics? Where’s the yellin’ an’ screamin’?? Booooooo- ring!

17 Likes

This is perplexing, whenever anyone from the GOP was asked about an insane Trump tweet, they had no idea what the questioner was talking about, but they read Biden’s tweets? It’s almost like there’s a double standard…or hypocrisy in play… /s

63 Likes

Shorter John Cornyn: “It is a Bad Thing that America’s enemies like Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un cannot comb through the President’s Twitter feed to determine his daily psychological state or gain clues as to which flattery tactics their foreign agents can use to curry favor with him.”

46 Likes

Or, alternately, “Dammit, I wish Major would bite someone/take a dump in the White House again.”

14 Likes

That was my immediate thought.
Cornyn timed this well, with their guy calling McConnell a dumb son-of-a-bitch.

27 Likes

About Cornyn:

<BugsBunny>
“What a maroon!”
</BugsBunny>

9 Likes

In fact, I’m not sure he even actually exists. He may just be a creation of the Deep State. Has anyone seen him and Max Headroom in a room at the same time?

16 Likes

“I mean, where are the international incidents? The admissions of complete malfeasance? Is he even trying to be a corrupt piece of shit like 45?!”

18 Likes

Perhaps the Senator from Texas ought to spend more time educating his state’s Republican Party members that they can’t secede from the United States (unfortunately for the rest of us in many ways). In fact, I don’t blame them, but actually blame President Polk for the current situation. I know, President Polk did reform the national banking system (that was ultimately replaced by the Federal Reserve Bank), did secure the Oregon Territory from the British, as well as deal with some important tariff issues, but he really blew it with the Texas thing. And we’re still paying for it. LBJ was an important Senator and President, but his actions drove the conservative Southern Democrats into the Republican Party and started the trajectory of their current implosion against rational thought and humanistic governance for anyone but “their type”. So on balance, meh.

12 Likes

Cornyn is one of my senators.
Cruz is the other.
Abbott is our governor.
Dan Patrick is our lieutenant governor.
Ken Paxton is our attorney general.

And Cornyn is the LEAST fucked up of that sorry crew.
Texas proud. NOT.

56 Likes

I see Cornyn’s complaint:

Tweets from [Biden’s] account are limited and, when they come, unimaginably conventional.

I think Cornyn should check himself into Walter Reed until the shock abates.

Wouldn’t want him to harm himself by accident.

17 Likes

It’s obviously Hillary in drag.

3 Likes

Great observation…the GOP excels at nothing but hypocrisy. They are a disgrace.

15 Likes

Then, without any hint of irony whatsoever, Cornyn suggested in his follow-up tweet that this restraint on Twitter usage is A Problem, Actually.

“Invites the question: is he really in charge?” the Texas Republican wondered.

Of his mental faculties???

Yes, he most certainly is! Get used to it!

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available