GOP Sen. Bill Cassidy Tests Positive For COVID-19

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) on Thursday announced that he has tested positive for COVID-19.

In a statement issued Thursday, Cassidy wrote that he was notified the night before that he was exposed to someone with the coronavirus. When he was tested the following day, Cassidy received a positive result for COVID-19.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1327366
1 Like

Once again, I’m on Team Virus.

15 Likes

Same asshole—an MD no less—who tweeted a video telling people that if they could go to the grocery in a mask that they could vote in person in a mask, so no mail-in voting was necessary.

37 Likes

Herman Cain gave it to him, with a candlestick, in the library.

40 Likes

I’m sure if I looked I could find things Cassidy has said and done that make this highly ironic, but I just don’t feel like wishing for a bad outcome for him. Voted out of office by an enraged populace that wishes we’d handled the pandemic like a sane country, yes, that I would welcome.

@thunderclapnewman QED

26 Likes

Cassidy is his own bad outcome.

Karma will deliver the other outcome Cassidy deserves.

15 Likes

COVID: “What up dude?”

Cassidy: “Huh?”

COVID: “Mind if I hop along?”

8 Likes

Just yesterday!

26 Likes

I am shocked – shocked, I tell you – that anyone at TPM would politicize the COVID infection of a senator who politicized COVID as a member of a party that politicized COVID to enable a president who politicized COVID!

45 Likes

Any regrets about dodging questions on statewide face covering mandate yet Cassidy?

Though the senator said he supports wearing a mask to lessen the spread of the coronavirus, Cassidy dodged questions about whether he backs the statewide face-covering mandate enacted by Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards, an issue that has divided Republicans in Louisiana.

Also of note, Democrat Antoine Pierce criticized Cassidy’s votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

18 Likes

Be right back, i gotta see if Jake Sherman is blaming ‘Cecil’.

5 Likes

Hmm. Unpleasant image comes to mind…

2 Likes

The Sea-Sick Sea Serpent?

10 Likes

“I’m going to sit home and do nothing for 14 days like I do the rest of the year”

12 Likes

Oh well, it is what it is. Right Mr. Bill?

15 Likes

I take, and anticipated, your point. Just not my mood today to wish a very difficult death on the guy. They did it to others. I get that.

12 Likes

You don’t think it was a candlestick do you?

2 Likes

I thought it was Beany who was always so accusatory.

3 Likes

Louisiana has recently had an uptick in cases and deaths. School starting and college football are gonna spread it even more.

7 Likes

Thoughts and prayers, Senator, Thoughts and prayers.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available