GOP’s Proposed Expansion Of SNAP Work Requirements Targets Many Low-Income People In Their Early 50s Who Already Work

This ^, is where we’re at.

5 Likes

Below are the billionaires, each with more money than the current U.S. Treasury. I wonder how much of their worth is taxed, and at what rates? Maybe we could set up a US Treasury “gofundme” campaign and get some help to tide us over:

LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault – $189 billion
Twitter, SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk – $179 billion
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos – $139 billion
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates – $125 billion
Oracle co-founder and Chairman Larry Ellison – $116 billion
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer – $113 billion
Google co-founder Larry Page – $112 billion
Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett – $111 billion
Google co-founder Sergey Brin – $106 billion
Bloomberg L.P. founder and owner Michael Bloomberg — $94.5 billion
Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg – $92.3 billion
Investor and América Móvil founder Carlos Slim – $90.3 billion
L’Oreal heiress Francoise Bettencourt Meyers – $87.2 billion
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani – $83.7 billion
Inditex founder Amancio Ortega – $67.1 billion
Walmart heir Jim Walton – $66.6 billion
Walmart heir Rob Walton – $64.9 billion
Walmart heiress Alice Walton – $63.8 billion
Adani Group founder and Chairman Gautum Adani – $63.4 billion
Mars candy heiress Jacqueline Badger Mars – $61.7 billion
Mars heir and Chairman John Mars – $61.7 billion
Nongfu Spring founder and Chairman Zhong Shanshan – $61.6 billion
David Koch heirs Julia Flesher Koch and family – $60.6 billion
Koch Industries CEO and Chairman Charles Koch – $60.4 billion
Dell Technologies CEO and Chairman Michael Dell – $53.4 billion

From the Bloomberg Billionaires List

10 Likes

Trump’s calendar filling up faster than a sex worker at a Republican convention.

[>

](https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1)

Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1

Save the date: Adding to Trump’s cluttered calendar, a Wisconsin judge has set a Sept. 3, 2024 start date — just two months before Election Day — for the jury trial in the lawsuit seeking $2.4 million in damages from Wisconsin’s fake Republicans electors.

12 Likes

Here’s an idea. Allow each of those bastards to keep $1 billion, and we’ll take the rest back to pay down the US debt.

We could make exceptions for the Kochs and the Waltons and leave them with $1 million as a token.

17 Likes

OT

23 Likes

At the moment most anyone with a positive amount in a bank account has more money than the US Treasury.

And I have a solution to the debt thing…

3 Likes

There are two people in that photo. Both are centered in the shot. What led you to conclude that the male figure is the subject of the photo and not the female one?

10 Likes

Yes, but let’s not refer to us (and I mean “us” as freeloaders.) Why not? Let’s expect those with the most money to show compassion and charity to those who have made these people so wealthy?

4 Likes

I’m not sure about a Trillion $ Bitcoin. I call this stuff “funny money.”

But, guess what. I pay my taxes every year. I have given a lifetime of donations and charity to organizations and people and communities, and will continue giving back the rest of my life.

If we had a real tax system that is honest, fair, and accountable, think of the country we could actually be.

12 Likes

Among the goobers compassion is dead. It’s all about greed anymore. The tax cut under trump did not benefit the poor. It was cruelly designed for the uber wealthy. And it blew a huge hole (700 billion plus) in the national debt. Under trump the debt shot up some thing like 40%.

5 Likes

Come over to my house for tea.
mammal_american-pika_600x300

10 Likes

more like forcing auntie to stop taking care of gramps

10 Likes

That the female figure isn’t especially close to being in her “early 50s,” that it isn’t a story about family caregivers, and that it’s a story about taking away healthcare from “old” folks published by young 'uns.

Imagine a story about college graduation illustrated with a stock photo of a kindergartner.

1 Like

Honesty is an idea that cost me a good job. I refused to lie. And I resigned to my bosses utter shock as I had valuable experiments under way in the lab. I said “fuck it. I will not cover for you” and gathered my stuff out of my desk and left. Four months pass and I was recruited by another dept in that same medical school. I was shown deep respect for my refusal to lie. And my 5 grad students as a group transferred to my new lab. My old boss was transferred to the branch campus in Phoenix.
Try to imagine honesty in politics, but be ready for a migraine.

11 Likes

I realize that, and it can be reversed. But we need to support and elect the people who make things happen, not who represent and support the wealthiest donors. And I mean in all political parties. Dems do it, too. Look at those patrician Senators who enter their offices, and we can never get them to leave. If I could find a better Democaratic Senator or Representative in my state to elect, I would vote them in office in a heartbeat. No one will run against the incumbents. Because – money.

6 Likes

I look forward to voting for Ruben Gallego in 2024. The goobers have no viable candidate other than Kari Lake and she can only garner the wing nut vote

11 Likes

I know your story well. I have faced the same battles, and responded just as you did, but also in cases when I was “RIFFED” rather than leaving, and lost two pensions as a result. I know that, in both our cases, you nor I could do nothing less. It is who we are. Rara avices, we.

10 Likes

This kind of performative cruelty is a lot like the techniques for voter suppression. Sure, you might still be eligible. Just take a couple days off work to collect all the paperwork that proves your income is low enough, sign these these forms and take them to an office on the other side of the county that’s open one day a week. Oh, and do it again in 3 months. And if you get evicted and the right papers don’t come with you, too bad. And if you fill out something wrong, obviously it’s your fault, and you don’t serve to eat.

12 Likes

“What led you to conclude…”

To a hammer everything is a nail.
To an attorney everything is a contention.

9 Likes

creating well paid jobs for the middle class.

Well paid jobs for the middle class; are you out of your mind??
Billionaires don’t want to pay ANYBODY for a job, withhold taxes, or offer benefits. They want robots and AI so that they can keep all that money for themselves… Sharing or philanthropy is not part of their agenda.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available