GOP’s Proposed Expansion Of SNAP Work Requirements Targets Many Low-Income People In Their Early 50s Who Already Work

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. It was originally published at The Conversation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1458917

Republican cCongres critters know all about work. And here is the obligiatory Bluetick Dalmation cat picture.

22 Likes

The cost for food aid for 275,000 people is not a significant sum in comparison to the $1T+ federal budget. So this requirement is just read meat for the knuckle-draggers.

Not really a cat and not really a photo, but I’m not really first.

32 Likes

A good visual to keep in mind

Wingers believe 50% of the budget is welfare which is simply not remotely close.

31 Likes

Discobot is always FIRST anyway.

11 Likes

Cruelty is the point.
This is why I call republicans GOOBERS

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

They would bring down our economy and that of the world for shitting on old farts like me who can’t work. We are the boogy man .We are supposed to be the reason and people to blame.
FUCK THE GOOBERS

17 Likes

National Park Service

@NatlParkService

·

May 20

I chirped to myself, “Self.” (and I knew it was me, cause I recognized my chirp) “Today is going to be a good day!”⁣

Let’s make it so!

27 Likes

As normal, the cruelty is the point. Facts be damned.

It’s all about punishing “the other,” as Jesus intended (per their imagined readings).

21 Likes

Forcing grandma to stop taking care of a working partent’s kids. Now if that ain’t “PRO-FAMILY” values, I don’t know what is. </s>

21 Likes

Does a bear shit in the woods?

bear

Are the goobers cruel?

My suggestion that I made yesterday was for Garret Graves (R-asshole) go without food for 3-4 days and without his pay for 3-4 months just to see how it feels.

17 Likes

They also think most of the rest of it is foreign aid to “shithole countries.”

17 Likes

What defect is it in the brains (or hearts) of “conservatives” that just drives them nuts if it looks like someone else just might get something that they are not getting (yet)?
Of course when the tornado comes, or the hurricane/flood, whatever, they are first in line whining that the Gub’ment has not gotten there fast enough with aid to fix all their troubles.
fuck the goobers They are not even decent human beings!

15 Likes

what the MSM won’t tell you is the real problem is taxation
job creators are being taxed out of existence
we need more tax cuts for billionaires

9 Likes

My response…
bill

7 Likes

We can thank the old fart who is sainted by the righties for that mantra and several other destructive memes that the Rethugs have clapped onto to justify their selfishness, immaturity and greed.
We are still supposed to believe that these "billionaires and corporations are innovativating like mad to produce new products that will benefit mankind, and of course creating well paid jobs for the middle class.
Reality is just beyond the capability of the right wing

17 Likes

The cruelty is the point
the few acquaintances I had who were republican all voted Biden in 2020
except one. I think the last hold out will come around when the log cabin caves if desantis is the nom

11 Likes

Facts don’t matter when it interferes with a powerful narrative.

I see statements from nincompoops every single day, multiple times a day, about ‘no one wants to work anymore’.

When pointed to the idea that unemployment is at an all-time low, particularly among minorities, the nincompoops insist that the books have been cooked and not all workers are included in those numbers because they’ve dropped out of the system.

Guess where they get THAT from? Look at the chyrons of the right-wing media. Statements without substantiation, their stock-in-trade.

21 Likes

How long before these assholes introduce Soylent Green as a solution? Fucking fucks.

2 Likes

And as I said above, guess who tells them that?

11 Likes

Note that this is proposed by the same GOP that refused to close tax loopholes for the rich during the debt ceiling negotiation.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available