GOP’s Proposed Expansion Of SNAP Work Requirements Targets Many Low-Income People In Their Early 50s Who Already Work

I wonder if there will be as many votes to can McQ as they had votes to can the ACA? We could watch them all summer keep trying to throw McQ out.

1 Like

FWIW, the Canadians did away with their pennies a while ago and now round eveything up or down to the nearest 5 cents, I do still have a few Canadian pennies, but it would confuse anyone and everyone if I tried to use them.

Meanwhile, I still have a pocket full of US change, which I should probably cash in, since this is only going to only confuse everyone as time goes on… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

That may be so, but I’m still only offering pennies for people’s thoughts…and in most cases, I find I’ve overpaid.

11 Likes

More

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/more-details-4

3 Likes
8 Likes

Is the work requirement simply there to flood the workplace with underpaid labor to depress worker wages?

6 Likes

Two adults are required to be present when children are serving alcohol. Minor employees also have to complete a “training on prevention and response to sexual harassment”, reported CNN.

From the article.

This is going to make it awfully confusing to know what a Republican is really asking for when he orders a Sex on the Beach.

4 Likes

I believe so, I can’t see any other reason.

1 Like

from edblog:

There are changes to SNAP and TANF. But they seem pretty limited, mainly focus on able-bodied recipients without children between the ages of 50 and 54

Repugs: “Somebody’s gotta get punished in this deal, dammit! Who can we get?”

6 Likes

Or try to eat on 50 cents a day. Not everyone receives those “extremely generous” benefits listed above.

2 Likes

Bigger delusions.

2 Likes

On looking back at my post I think I expressed myself poorly. So in that regard please let me apologize for my poorly written post. On rereading it I came off like a butt head.

Coal Miners!

Who needs those overly generous black lung disease benefits?

Those miners, and their children should work longer in the mines so they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and not be dependent on the government.

4 Likes

GOP 2024: Cat food in every pot!

2 Likes

You win teh internets again!

1 Like

I didn’t get that sense at all, Darr. I just figured you misread the thread a little. We’re all just sort of joking around here anyhow about stealing that trillion-dollar coin, right? I’m way too much of a coward to ever seriously considert doing anything like that :grin:

2 Likes

Do you really think it will take all summer? I predict he gets tossed as soon as someone challenges him.

1 Like

Very interesting indeed. And in Florida a teacher would likely be fired for pointing it out.

I suspect, with no real substantiation, that if Biden gets this bill, he instructs the Dems in the House to protect McQ for the duration. They don’t ALL have to do it - just enough to push it over the top.

Biden should reward for not pushing the world into bad economic times - yes, McQ had a responsibility to do his job, but that Horse Feathers caucus still has an awful lot of control.

2 Likes

I got no respect for the goobers. I lost a bunch fro the demsa as well but it looks to me (and I have very little to go on) that the Master here was Biden who did the necessary painting into corners of the necessary goobers but one… …Garret Graves. That guy showed his hatred of poor folks by demanding those less than 54 years work for their assistance money. No matter that the law says they must work already. He wants to pile more on those who he sees as leeches. But don’t anybody tell this guy those people are his own constituents. He is shitting on those who might vote for him.
The debt ceiling should’ve been worked out months ago. The budget was. Why is it the Congress (both chambers) screw around until a deadline pushes them to do their damned job. In any other business these guys would never survive for long. They’d be shown the door and told to not come back.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available