GOP Rep. Reed Announces He Won’t Seek Reelection After Sexual Misconduct Allegation

Yes, yes he was

1 Like

Had to look her up. Actually, many of these republicans are cartoonish.

3 Likes

The guy who invented CorningWare created thousands of jobs by accident:

Dr. Stookey had not planned to invent it. Experimenting at Corning one day in 1953, he put photosensitive glass into a furnace, intending to heat it to 600 degrees.

“When I came back, the temperature gauge was stuck on 900 degrees, and I thought I had ruined the furnace,” he said in an interview several years ago. “When I opened the door to the furnace, I saw the glass was intact and had turned a milky white. I grabbed some tongs to get it out as fast as I could, but the glass slipped out of the tongs and fell to the floor. The thing bounced and didn’t break. It sounded like steel hitting the floor.“

I’m partial to the Corelle ivy blue pattern from the eighties. Still have nearly a full set I’ve used daily for nearly 40 years. Thanks Dr.Stookey… and RIP.

24 Likes

bingo

1 Like

If he’s starting out by playing this card, you can only imagine how bad it’s all going to be when more comes out. Humility and remorse are not Gooper traits.

6 Likes

Well, I guess we knew all along that Tom Reed was perverted in more ways than solely his politics.

2 Likes

Fop a GOPer this is a rather impressive act of contrition. An actual apology in which he takes responsibility for his actions. This is a rarity.

12 Likes

I had the same thought. But he did blame Demon Rum.

2 Likes

He is apparently an alcoholic, so it’s probably a safe bet that it gets much, much worse. I’m not suggesting that all alcoholics are sexual predators but it sounds like that sexual predation was part of his drunken behavior. Where there’s one there are usually five more.

13 Likes

So, he admits to committing the
“Smashed and Grope”
But unilaterally decides that by declaring that he will not run in 2022 …this matter should be considered closed … no further investigation… no further discussion… done …finish.

Somebody want to tell him that it does not work that way?

1 Like

OT. Jason Miller must be really having problems paying child support. I bet they are trying to create a subscription based service to continue to fleece the sheeple.

According to Deadline , Trump aide Jason Miller told Fox News that the former president would launch his own social media service in “two to three months.” Miller wasn’t specific about what the platform would entail, but insisted it would “redefine the game” and attract tens of millions of people.

2 Likes

Typical.

After Reed’s mother died in 1998, he returned to Corning and opened the Law Office of Thomas W. Reed.[3] The firm specialized in debt collection. After getting elected to Congress in 2010, Reed resisted congressional rules that required him to remove his name from the law firm.[4][5] In 2014, the firm changed its name to RR Resource Recovery. At the same time, Reed’s campaign stated that he was no longer involved with the firm.[5]

According to wiki, the guy he replaced in the House, Eric Massa (D), had to resign because he was being investigated for sexual harassment of a male staffer.

Good grief.

7 Likes

Oh here we go again, another blame-the-victim-for-feeling-uncomfortable non-apol-

“Simply put, my behavior caused her pain, showed her disrespect and was unprofessional,” Reed said. “I was wrong, I am sorry, and I take full responsibility.”

Wait, what?

4 Likes

Well, I guess we knew all along that Tom Reed was perverted in more ways than solely his politics.

Cuomo’s wingman?

Reed’s announcement comes after he told Fox News “seriously considering” a gubernatorial bid to unseat Cuomo, who has been hit with multiple allegations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment.

Not quite as funny as a Brit Twit trying to take a debutante’s bra off from the back.

All kidding aside, this alcoholic freak had the chutzpah to challenge Cuomo on sexual harassment!?

I weep for our form of government.

2 Likes

This opens up some redistricting possibilities for Dems as having no incumbent there makes it easier to move some things around.

They could merge the southwestern corner of NY area of this seat (NY-23) (Jamestown) and run it north to Lake Ontario and bypass Buffalo to merge it with NY-27 (Chris Jacobs’ seat). That would be one solid red seat. The remaining southern portion of this district could be rolled into Binghamton (NY-22) and Ithaca to create a blue seat. Then they could take the Utica/north central NY portion of NY-22 and merge it into NY-21 (Adirondack region) which is Elise Stefanik’s seat. NY-24 (Katko’s seat) could then be redrawn to move some of its Trumpier areas into the merged western NY GOP leaning seat and the more Dem leaning eastern areas into Syracuse could be merged with the bluer parts of the Central NY region. This would push that district to Lean D. That would mean Dems could gain a net 2 seats just out of Western NY by making Stefanik’s and Jacob’s seats a bit redder, moving Ithaca and Binghamton into the same district and giving Syracuse some more blue friendly neighbors to work with to make that purple seat a little bluer.

11 Likes

So…the old “let he who politics in glass houses” saying was really apropos when he was gunning for Cuomo?

4 Likes

That’s correct.

4 Likes

What are the residency requirements? They may have to bring someone up from the minors.

1 Like

Well he did add "I was powerless over alcohol” so not really taking responsibility…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available