GOP PA Gubernatorial Candidate Under Investigation For Crash That Killed Motorcyclist | Talking Points Memo

Visceral was never the issue.

You think? Well, … never mind. Regardless of your “thinking,” my approach is to use words whose denotation is clear from the context of the discussion. If someone relies on his connotations, then perhaps a better dictionary is in order.

At the least, he will be charged with leaving the scene of a accident, or whatever they call it. That’s pretty obvious.

Also, we wait to learn where the car and the motorcycle are. There should be photos of them which ought to make it into the public domain. There will be information from the coroner’s office, as well.

This will be an evolving story. Overall, I’d say he’ll step back politically. He started with Reagan, so he’s had his run. They’ll put someone else in his place without the baggage. Or paniers.

2 Likes

All by its lonesome! All the more reason to ditch automatic driving before it becomes the common excuse for vehicular manslaughter.

1 Like

Maybe his Mercedes-Benz got injected with the COVID vaccine and it so strongly magnetized the vehicle that it caused the motorcycle to just fly onto the grill of the car. After all, that’s how my sister-in-law got her Amana Radarange stuck to her head.

2 Likes

I’m trying to imagine how high I would have to be to drive a considerable distance with a heavy motorcycle embedded in the grill of my luxury vehicle. And I’m also trying to imagine how high I would have to be in order to make up some kind of excuse for this reprehensible behavior.

Actually, I WISH I could score some kush that could make me that high!

2 Likes

Looks like Biden had 7 million “little ambassadors” that motorcyle-draggin’ political “jenius” Charlie Gerow forgot to count.

1 Like

A fine example of “Believing one’s own bullshit as a professional matter”.

1 Like

Which half? Front or back?

2 Likes

Come on, who among us can honestly say they hadn’t driven with something stuck to the front of their car? It may have been a large bug, errant plastic bag, stick or Honda touring bike. Totally understandable.

4 Likes

Perhaps. But they have terrible wi-fi in Zagreb.

2 Likes

Let he who hasn’t driven at high speed with a 500 pound motorcycle jammed into their front grill cast the first stone…

4 Likes

looks like his legal team has access to wikipedia

The lawyer for a Republican candidate for Pennsylvania governor said Monday his client apparently did not hit the motorcyclist who was killed on the Pennsylvania Turnpike last week, but rather hit the downed motorcycle in the road.

The candidate, Charlie Gerow, was not driving impaired and voluntarily gave a blood sample, attorney Joseph P. Green Jr. said.

An attendee at the political fundraiser Gerow had been attending in suburban Philadelphia last Wednesday evening said she never saw him drinking and that he seemed sober when he left.

The anonymous attendee seems to be Montgomery County Republican Party chair Liz Preate Havey, who announced on behalf of everyone at the party that no-one recalls seeing him drink.

Abbott, 30, of Wysox, had just finished 14 straight days of 12 hour shifts at his job in the oil and gas industry “and was looking forward to his 14 days off and camping with his family,” it said.

Gerow "was heartbroken to learn that the driver of a motorcycle was fatally injured and is praying for him and his family,” Green’s statement said.

As should be well known, dairy puns are inherently cheesy…

3 Likes

No whey.

4 Likes

Whey.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just a curdish rebel.

6 Likes

A guy tailgated me & gave me the finger while I was going 90 to get around some trucks . . .

2 Likes

My friends and I were able to talk about Biden without going to rallies or buying overpriced made-in-China crap. It seems we are failures at mindless consumerism.

3 Likes

Rumors were in case of the absence of an ampule of ammonia…

Let me explain the anatomy of a cow to you, sonny…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available