GOP PA Gubernatorial Candidate Under Investigation For Crash That Killed Motorcyclist | Talking Points Memo

A Pennsylvania Republican who announced his candidacy for governor last month was involved in a fatal crash that killed a motorcyclist and prompted the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Chester County to be shut down for several hours, according to the Associated Press and the Philadelphia Inquirer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382305

OH. MY. GOD.

Charlie Gerow, a Republican running for Pennsylvania governor, drove for several miles on Wednesday night with a motorcycle stuck to the front of his car, the AP reported, citing a witness.

48 Likes

WTF? Driving with a motorcycle stuck to the car for miles? What rocks did these people crawl out from under and how can we put them back there?

68 Likes

This eyewitness account really brings home just how entitled and self-centered GROPers are:

Forgette said he noticed sparks coming off the car that was traveling at high speed, which put him and other members of his construction crew in a state of “disbelief.”

“That is not something you see every day. It was a big motorcycle, too. There were a bunch of sparks. And it was very loud,” Forgette told the Inquirer.

ETA: So…how serious was he as a contender? Anybody know? @mattinpa ?

44 Likes

Yes, I’m in a state of disbelief from just reading it, I can’t imagine being a witness to it.

33 Likes

This goes under the rug faster than a roach when the lights go on. No way are neofascist white state police going to correctly and thoroughly investigate a GOP gubernatorial candidate committing vehicular homicide.

$10 says no breathalizer or other DUI test was administered.

70 Likes

We’ll see, but this is a pretty sensationalistic type of story, so I think it might get reported on.

My guess is you’re right about this one, though:

26 Likes

drove for several miles on Wednesday night with a motorcycle stuck to the front of his car,

Yeah, that’s the behavior of a sober, conscientious driver. As a motorcyclist myself, I hope this idiot gets prison time.

57 Likes

And some context to help you understand how fast the coverup will begin:

"## 2021 car crash[edit]

On July 21, 2021, Gerow was driving along the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County when his vehicle crashed into a motorcycle. The motorcyclist may not have been on the motorcycle when Gerow hit the motorcycle and may have been killed prior to Gerow’s involvement. State Police are investigating the cause of the accident.

Gerow’s campaign team confirmed that he was the driver of the vehicle and was cooperating with Pennsylvania State Police investigators.[11]"

Get it? They’re already working the angles ON WIKIPEDIA. Just complete and utter conjecture and a giant glaring announcement as to how the coverup is going to work and what his defense strategy is going to be. I guaran-fucking-tee you that Gerow himself…this “strategic communications professional”… had EVERYTHING to do with this Wikipedia entry. EVERYTHING.

ETA: hehe…I’ve since edited it to state that Wikipedia will not post speculation, etc., in place of that sentence. We’ll see how long that lasts. It will be hilarious if the campaign is monitoring the page and changing it back. I wonder how many times I can go back and forth with them…hmmmm…

Anyhoo…my sentence that replaced it: " For the sake of accuracy and to avoid improper interference in ongoing investigations, Wikipedia will not post speculation as to the causes, context, nature or circumstances surrounding such events."

How quickly do they get on it…

79 Likes

I’ll take that bet. Our state boys are pretty serious here.

37 Likes

So he stopped driving because he was being pulled over not because there was a motorcycle lodged in his grill???

I would like to know where he was coming from. Even money says it was a GOP fundraiser of some sort.
(Reminds me of the SD Attorney General…)

63 Likes

Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drug(s) would at least provide some reason - not an excuse - but, some reason for driving several miles with a motorcycle stuck to your bumper, while considering what could have possibly happened to the rider, whether your political aspirations and other career goals are rapidly disappearing, what story you’re going to tell to the authorities and your family, etc.

Some reason, that is, other than being a terrible human being who did not even pause, let alone stop, to give some assistance.

51 Likes

This whole thing seems eerily reminiscent of the “I thought I hit a deer”/the eyeglasses-were-found-in-his-car story.

See you were there already Grcutter

41 Likes

First, fuck the police.

Second, fuck the police.

And just to be clear, fuck the police.

Also too, I’ll believe it when I see it.

18 Likes

Come on guys, cut him some slack, who among us hasn’t driven several miles with a wrecked motorcycle attached to their car?

34 Likes

Yep. “This was a total accident, I’m not at fault, I was totally sober and maybe he was dead already” in no way, shape or form jibes with “so I drove several miles with the motorcycle stuck to my grill, throwing sparks and making crazy noise instead of stopping immediately and calling 9-1-1.”

One would also think that DUI testing would be baseline SOP in such circumstances and if it were me and I was innocent and sober (keep in mind this guy is an attorney), I’d actually really consider demanding they administer the tests so I could prove myself sober.

43 Likes

It seems like driving for miles with a motorcycle stuck in your grill, shooting up sparks, is kind of hard to just sweep under the rug. The South Dakota AG appeared to try to skate on a negligent homicide after hitting a pedestrian late at night and that didn’t go his way (late to the party as I may be on this subject). And there weren’t any real witnesses to the AG’s circumstances while there are clearly going to be eyewitness accounts (at least to the aftermath) for the gubernatorial candidate.

27 Likes

Thought the same thing.

Je suis Roadkill.

We’re all Roadkill in the GROPer’s America.

ETA: At least in their eyes.

24 Likes

C’mon people, the motorcyclist obviously committed suicide.
That’s what South Dakota’s attorney general is claiming regarding his accident.

43 Likes

“I couldn’t think straight, what with that big thud and then all the noise and sparks flying everywhere.”

29 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available