GOP Groups Try To Make Peace With Trump After Cease-And-Desist Spat | Talking Points Memo

The chairs of three Republican organizations issued a joint statement on Tuesday in an effort a reconciliation with former President Donald Trump who over the weekend hit them with legal notices demanding that they stop fundraising off his name. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364175

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

22 Likes

“The RNC, NRSC and NRCC are grateful for President Sun-Dried Tomato’s support, both past and future."

How do you know you’re gonna be grateful for it?

I’m sure a lot of people were grateful for the future support of OJ and Martha Stewart, too.

4 Likes

See how much good Trump’s support and endorsements mean when he’s in court every day, fighting for his sleazy real estate empire. Did the Republican establishment agree to give him half of all the contributions they receive? Did they agree to let him collect all the contributions, then beg him for a few crumbs? Those are the big questions.

9 Likes

So, when will the reactionaries’ abasement reach the level of kowtowing and approaching on their knees with their eyes averted?

5 Likes

Should work out fine.

23 Likes

Entertaining

3 Likes

Isn’t this a perfect example of that “definition of insanity?” They deserve whatever they get out of this.

3 Likes

Trump and the GOP: a match made in heaven.

And Ronna, you been stress-munching on the nachos? You’re starting to pull a Sarah Huckabee Sanders on us.

1 Like

Is it wrong of me to want to see a modern day Mutiny on the Bounty?

4 Likes

All that’s missing from the Stockholm Syndrome press release is a recent newspaper in a photo to prove the hostage is still alive.

10 Likes

“He is also expected to begin meeting with other potential midterm challengers seeking his endorsement at his Mar-a-Lago resort this month in an intensifying effort to seek revenge against those who have crossed him.”

2 Likes

I don’t get the Martha dig. Post-clink Martha is awesome.

6 Likes

What fools! Donnie doesn’t “do” peace. He only does revenge and anger and playing the victim, and most selfishly, grift.

4 Likes

This is so hilarious. Trump just waltzed in a took the throne and now Every. Single. One. of these Repubs have to conform or be cast out (/ht Peart). It makes my heart sing to see all these once-proud GOP assholes bowing and scraping, the realization that they’ve sold the whole institution to a grifter sparking like a dying star behind their already dead eyes.

13 Likes

It’s been said before but," Does being that stupid hurt?"

1 Like

Gotta keep on kissing the King’s ass! Fork that money over bitches!

1 Like

The Rotting Mango is selling the effen idiots the future again. They buy that ticket every time.

2 Likes

How INDEPENDENT of these sycophants. Tell him to go sht in his hat and work on STANDING for something.

1 Like

The Mar-a-Lago Maggot is feeding off the rotting flesh of the GOP.

3 Likes