GOP Florida Rep. Who Refused To Attend Impeachment Hearings Will Retire | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL), who infamously declined to attend any impeachment hearings until he was called out for it on CNN, told supporters on Tuesday that he will not run for reelection in 2020.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267559

another repube profile in courage AND patriotism

11 Likes

Perhaps he can retire to a country with less of the democracy he finds so distasteful.

10 Likes

Let me take a shot at this. I happen to know this asshole Yoho. He was a class or two ahead of me at the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine. He was dumb then as he is now. When he graduated he started a large animal practice just south of Micanopy called Kanapaha Veterinary Services. He didn’t make squat at it. I believe his income came from two shabby rental properties he had ( I think from his daddy ). The area is largely uneducated back woods red necks. He’s a natural there. So when an opening for a House seat came up he took a shot at it. Went from chump change to 174K the easy way. He spent his first 4 years crafting or co-crafting ACA repeals when that was a safe thing to do. No way he did that in Trump’s first two years because Trump would sign it into law. Since then he’s occupied himself by acting a fool on TV and keeping a seat warm. And low and behold! Just when he can walk and get a check for life from “big government” he opts out. He never did a damn thing for his constituency. Maybe put a Confederate Flag on his truck or outfitted it with TrucNutz but he didn’t do a damn thing for them. And they kept him in that 174K none the less. He’ll be replaced with another cretin wingnut.

40 Likes

I hear North Korea is lovely this time of year. Or if he likes heat an humidity a nice south Asian country may be more to his liking.

ETA: if he likes living on a peninsula then maybe Crimea is the place to be.

4 Likes

“Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL), who infamously declined to attend any impeachment hearings until he was called out for it on CNN, told supporters on Tuesday that he will not run for reelection in 2020.”

“BREAKING: Florida Man Accidentally Serves Constituents By Retiring.”

35 Likes

Another one bites the dust.

5 Likes

Nobody wants to bribe minority congresscritters, it’s a real shame, there ought to be a law

9 Likes

OT but Barr maybe the greater danger. Trump won the election not Hillary. Trump won the election with Russian help. The IG report said the FBI did not spy but Barr must defend dear leader.

10 Likes

Not Ted Yoho!

Such a loss to the intellectual wing of the Republican House.

One would have thought that Yoho’s obvious bovine affinity would made his a veterinary natural.

10 Likes

Alas, he’s not alone – else by now we might have abolished the Senate as well as the Electoral College.

Not to mention improving voter access and enhancing the security of every person’s vote.

9 Likes

Yoho the yoyo says, “Yo, bro, yolo!” Yahoo!

2 Likes

Before celebrating, they should wait to see whom the Republican Party nominates to replace him.

4 Likes

Actually cows don’t do well in Florida. Most ruminants don’t. Kind of like being a fish doctor in Arizona.

2 Likes

He could go straight from being a member of Congress to being a clown on local-access TV and he wouldn’t even have to think up a clown name.

10 Likes

Gee, maybe people in his district have been letting him know he should do what he’s paid for. Florida, though…probably not.

So maybe it’ll be Yohoho and a bottle of rum into his retirement.

2 Likes

Yoohoo, Yoho. Bye-bye.

4 Likes

Not that I want to disagree, but where then did my Florida friends pick all their psilocybin then?

Florida is home to four of the United States’ 10 largest cow -calf operations . Florida ranks 12th in the nation in number of beef cows. Nearly one-half of all Florida Agricultural land is involved in cattle production. Florida has 4 million acres of pastureland and 1 million acres of grazed woodland.

http://www.floridacattleranch.org/Florida_Cattle_Industry_Brochure.pdf

I realize that it ain’t no Texas or Nebraska, but it ain’t chopped (calve’s) liver.

4 Likes

Thanks for your insights. I always considered him one of the stupidist GOP Reps in Congress. Delighted to see him go, even if another wingnut cretin replaces him.

9 Likes

There are cows here just not many. Beef production is a joke here. What we do have, in small amounts, are dairy cows. Because of the heat they use “pond management”. Man made ponds that the cows hang out in. But the semitropical climate of Florida is tough no matter how you “manage” the animals and hemoncosis ( a parasite ) is a bitch that ran sheep and goats up to Georgia and plagues cows too.

Cow calf operations are in the panhandle no where near Yoho’s turf. So are beef cows but I’d dispute your stats on that one. Not many here.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available