GOP Florida Rep. Who Refused To Attend Impeachment Hearings Will Retire | Talking Points Memo

Is he or will still be a practicing vet? Please tell me no. .

1 Like

Don’t wait!

Resign now.

4 Likes

Seems swampy ol’ Florida would be good for water buffalo. Except for the part about water buffalo being meaner than a magat.

1 Like

Republican lawmaker, after months of practice, makes retirement official.

8 Likes

I am not too surprised that Yo-yo retired. After all, he was one of those Teabaggers who said back in 2013 he was only going to serve four terms.

Outside of not being able to do math (Yo-yo’s fourth term would have BEGUN in 2020) he’s developed over time into one of those unremarkable backbenchers with no real convictions. The REAL reason he’s retiring is because the Democrats have the House now and he’s done as much damage as he could do. The 3rd is also a gerrymandered district that may finally be catching on to his know- nothingism.

Yo-yo’s one claim to fame came when when in the middle of calling the impeachment hearings in the House a ‘closed-door process’ CNN’s Poppy Harlow humiliated him on the air by pointing out he had not been to a single hearing, despite the fact he was on the committee.

But Yo-yo has some other beauts, like when he insisted the impeachment investigation into Trumpelstilskin wouldn’t be in the news after three weeks. (Three weeks from the time he made that claim was Nov. 19.)

In April of last year, Yo-yo joined 11 congressmen who signed a letter screeching for the criminal prosecution of Hillary Clinton and Obama administration appointees for campaign finance ‘violations’ (Ones that didn’t exist and citing a couple of conspiracy theories that were disproven by the recent IG report.)

Back in July of 2017, Yo-yo said he would have done the same as Fredo and met with the Russian lawyer offering dirt on Hillary Clinton.

In April of 2017 before their health care bill collapsed, Yo-yo voted to throw 64,000 people off their insurancem which Obamacare had finally made affordable for them.

In March of 2017, Yo-yo said embattled Rep. Devin Nunes “works for the president” (which must have been big news to the people of the California 21st)

In February of 2017, Yo-yo said the reason Orange Julius did not criticize Vladimir Putin was because it “wasn’t his style.”

In September 2016, Yo-yo claimed he personally thwarted a group of 20 Cubans from illegally entering the United States by narking on them to the Coast Guard, which has no record of the act.

In December of 2015, Yo-yo was on the radio screaming for impeachment…of President Obama.

While campaigning for reelection in 2015, Yo-yo said that only property owners should be allowed to vote,

Claimed in 2013 that furloughed workers from one of the GOP Shutdowns popular at this time, should not be paid, even though a week earlier he voted for a bill that did just that.

11 Likes

Yoho decides to hang it up after watching Gohmert’s impeachment hearing performance. “That guy’s the King of Stupid! There’s no way in Hell I could go for his crown!” he was heard to proclaim late Tuesday night.

8 Likes

Going by reported-on idiocy he’d certainly seem to be near the bottom, a Gohmert-level buffoon in a party notable for buffoonery generally.

6 Likes

He plays “veterinarian” with pigs.

You know, like kids play “doctor”.

4 Likes

My spouse grew up on a cattle ranch and dairy operation that was taken from them by eminent domain to expand the Orlando airport. A lot of the land somehow ended up owned by private real estate developers.

11 Likes

He won’t have to. He sucked at it so he jumped on the gravy train known as government service. He’s received more than a million bucks in pay and 3 times that in other compensation. And he’s eligible for more. He’ll settle for wingnut welfare in a think tank ( stink tank ) and probably drink shitty beer all day on his front porch.

5 Likes

Once again, tRump’s Sharpie makes a comeback.

His fragile, over-cooked ego will be the death of this country if he’s ever re-elected. Mark my words, with a Sharpie if you must. Otherwise, just pencil that in as foreshadowing.

9 Likes

USDA says Florida has more than seven times as many beef cows as dairy cows:

How this might help Yoho in his future endeavors I cannot say.

3 Likes

Hey, you really think he’d stop milking that cash cow early??

2 Likes

He should but he won’t, of course.

1 Like

I think what Barr is really upset about is that intelligence agencies do and should spy on those political candidates who would solicit foreign interference/help in a way that could affect the outcome of the election. That activity infringes on and dilutes the vote of We the People. The fact is we need MORE spying by intelligence, not less.

4 Likes

I live not far from there on land that was formerly a ranch and citrus groves, and have heard that little bit of local history.

3 Likes

There is no need for GOP Congressmen anyways, they have ceded their powers to the White House.

5 Likes

Dust must taste pretty good, given how many people in Congress are biting it.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, Richard!

Pardon me, but oh my gosh!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available