GOP Flirts With Notion That Fighting Extremism Is A Threat To Political Survival | Talking Points Memo

It started off as false equivalence.

But it’s turned into something much darker, as Republican politicians suggest that attempts to enforce any kind of accountability for or reckoning with the events that led to Jan. 6 are threats to their political freedom.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358386
1 Like

Looks to me more like they are self identifying as extremist threats.

34 Likes

But fighting extremism is a threat to their political survival.

35 Likes

Yeah: We sure should cancel these anti-democratic, anti-constitutional, authoritarian insurrectionists. Starting with R. Johnson. Vote then the hell out!!!

Creeps all.

And a danger to the republic.

16 Likes

“I think what we’re witnessing is the cancel culture purge being kicked into overdrive here,” Johnson said.

The pure synthesis of bullshit delivered in one concise sentence by an inept reptilian brain is worth our scorn and attention…these people may actually get what they are musing about…soon.

17 Likes

BREAKING: Nazis View De-Nazification As Existential Threat.

62 Likes

Kristallnacht in DC is right around the corner…or so some would have us believe

4 Likes

These are the worst fucking creatures on earth.

12 Likes

We’ll, there is that dead police officer. And that gallows erected outside the Congressional building during that, you know, violent break-in. Other than that…

Well, there was that one unfortunate misstatement by MTG about assassinating Nancy Pelosi, but doesn’t that just show that Libruls don’t have any sense of humor?

I mean really, can’t anybody take a joke any more?

30 Likes

Ron Johnson; IQ lower than the temperature on a hot day in S. Florida.

7 Likes

Flirting with disaster.

Please proceed…

8 Likes

They are about to vote on pulling MTG’s committee appointments.

Just before the vote…Steny Hoyer got up and showed a huge blow up of the despicable social media ad that shows the bitch holding a AK47 with pics of Congresswomen AOC, Tlaib and Omar and the headline “the Squad’s worst Nightmare!”

33 Likes

That’s really much too generous. Unless you’re talking centigrade.

15 Likes

I would view this as they’re the weakest fucking creature on earth.

“Casting blame on a single social media company known for its conservative username while simply ignoring other social media companies known for sympathizing with liberal causes is blatantly and overtly partisan,” reads the letter, sent to Maloney by Reps. James Comer (R-KY) and Greg Steube (R-FL).

Parler is a conservative name? Nunes was inviting everyone on Twitter to follow him to Parler.
But I do think Maloney should have broaden her ask for an FBI briefing to not just one social media site.

7 Likes

It is amazing that they feel this is their best bet to pry back some relevancy. What a sorry bunch of losers.

5 Likes

Another disturbing thing they are trying to equate genuine extremism with “regular” republican voters.

This all or nothing approach forces actual republicans to decide whether the Gubmint actually does consider them a terrorist threat or they are being fed pablum by the people they voted for.

This is how you get “normal” people to attack the Capitol.

11 Likes

As my very Southern dad would say, “Perzactly!” (I have no idea why he says this, but he says this.)

8 Likes

If I have this correct MTG didn’t write a post about putting a bullet in Pelosi’s head, she liked it and promoted it.
This is the same crappy argument that happened with Trump and other Republicans, “How dare you condemn me for liking a post. I didn’t write it.” And because they pin it to the top of their feed means what? That they didn’t like it, that they did like it? I think if was abhorrent to them then the correct action would be not to pin on the top of their feed.

14 Likes

“Flirting” with disaster?

At this point, the GOP is sexting with disaster.

29 Likes

There are only two institutions that still allow extremists to include racists in America. Those two establishment institutions are some Christian churches and the Republican Party.

That means that fighting extremism is very much a threat to the political survival of the Republican Party.

7 Likes