GOP Convention Bars Journalists For The First Time Ever | Talking Points Memo

It was a waiter that got the recording that took down a possible presidential candidate.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Unless they ban cell phones, there will be recordings. To the attendees, this event is a big deal that they will want to remember. And they’ll be quick to post to social media to show their friends and families.

3 Likes

Yeah, the GOP does not want to create more embarrassment for itself?

That’s futile, of course.

2 Likes

well…

negative 32.9% GDP growth

4,783,757 corona virus cases

158,000 dead Americans

51 million unemployed

3 Likes

James Murdoch is the black sheep of the family - he believes in climate change and is a major (post nomination) donor to Biden’s campaign.

If Rupert and Lachlan manage to drive Fox News into the ground via their continued support for trump, he might become the ‘go to guy’ to save what’s left.

I so wish they would do this.

1 Like

There are many possible scenarios including resigning with a Pence pardon (which I don’t believe Pence would do), but I think the least likely one is the expat scenario. After leaving office, Trump gets all the perks of the Former Presidents Act, including lifetime Secret Service protection, a taxpayer-paid office and staff, and diplomatic immunity. He loses all that if he flees to Russia or another friendly place like Saudi Arabia.

The Secret Service deal would probably mean he can’t even be sent to jail if he’s convicted of crimes after leaving, and it would only be house arrest. Unless Congress amends the Act, which I suppose is possible.

1 Like

I wonder who’s working on the Trumpist version of this little ditty?

2 Likes

Does he seriously think there won’t be anyone leaking info and video from there?

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if these aren’t set-ups.

I appreciate those who put up stuff to ridicule, if so.

1 Like

Delta recently had a flight in Detroit that was taxiing for takeoff that returned to the gate because two passengers refused to wear masks. Once they were offloaded, the flight took off for it’s destination of Atlanta.

The non-maskers will not be taking a later flight on Delta - they have been banned from the airline too.

10 Likes

Um…err…I remember quite a few “all nighters” back in the 80s. :nauseated_face:

Good thing there was no such thing as a “SEND” button back then.

3 Likes

Suggested theme song for the GOP convention:

2 Likes

Good old Berliner Sportpalast. I have fond memories of great rock concerts there before it was demolished. Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. Mostly English groups. It was a domed arena with acoustics such that a directional sound projector could be aimed at the walltops and rotated, making it sound as though an enormous giant monster were stomping around on the roof. Tried to attend a Stones concert there only to arrive and find the venue engulfed in teargas, concert cancelled due to rioting rowdies, so I sympathize with those who complain about cancel culture. Good times.

3 Likes

They’ve changed the primary site to near Pensacola. Backup is near Panama.

3 Likes

I was in school a few years before that and everyone, partiers and non-, bought speed to study and do papers. One brown-and-clear Dexamyl and you could stay up all night without a trace of sleepiness. It’s just that we only did it to study and we stopped after college. Trump does it all the time and never stopped. We’ll find out all about it sometime fairly soon, I’m sure.

4 Likes

I am watching at www.nasa.gov live
8 minutes from comittment to the burn/
Very cool view inside the capsul. I could see outside their window just now

3 Likes

What a record to run on. Good god - that has to be about the worst ever.

7 Likes

Actually the weather castors are saying with the storm on the other side of the penninsula, the seas in the gulf will be pretty calm. So far, here in Tampa, the winds have been very mild and just a shower or two. Should be a good landing. The recovery ship would have reported differently by now if things had changed.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available