GOP Candidate Drops Out After Alleged Assault On Dem Rival

A Republican candidate for Rhode Island state Senate dropped out of the race on Saturday after a video that went viral allegedly showed him punching his Democratic challenger in the face during an abortion rights rally in the wake of the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421575
1 Like

Too emotional to be a cop.

61 Likes

Family values, punch everyone who disagrees with your white right family values.

54 Likes

At least the cop didn’t resort to second amendment remedies.

I think he might want to consider moving out of Rhode Island to someplace that embraces his values. Maybe Mississippi or South Dakota.

30 Likes

White men never have to check their emotions. That’s why they need all the firepower that they can afford.

42 Likes

More trash or as Hillary called them deplorables

Miller: President Trump… I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday pic.twitter.com/RqxmbT8jx5

— Acyn (@Acyn) June 26, 2022
34 Likes

RI primary is not until September, so plenty of time for GOP to launch another candidate.

https://vote.sos.ri.gov/Voter/VoterCalendar

8 Likes

This is how political discourse has devolved since 2016. Did TFG offer to pay his legal bills?

32 Likes

Tip of the iceberg. Violence by the right and far right will continue to ramp up, especially after the horrific Roe decision.

41 Likes

As always cops are very brave against those that cannot fight back.

24 Likes

Maybe Saudi Arabia.

30 Likes

Lugo, the perp, has only been a cop for three years. I guess not enough time to have any citizen complaints lodged against him for unlawful use of force, etc.

21 Likes

I am sure they will find another mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger to run.

10 Likes

She apparently “misread” right to life as white life; can’t wait for Thomas to discuss Hobbs as a a victory for white wife …

12 Likes

You might think the Roe decision would cool down their rage a bit, instead of validating it.

36 Likes

Here in PA we have a number of failed candidates that moved in to run for office but lost in the primaries.
Maybe they should move to RI.

3 Likes

Where I grew up, slapping around someone’s wife/daughter/sister/mom would prompt a visit from family members.

22 Likes

Somebody drug the trash back in
QAnon’s ‘Q’ delivers first new messages since 2020 - Alternet.org

10 Likes

Seeing how the Los Angeles Police treated demonstrators this weekend.

He would fit right in with them.

12 Likes

Excellent point and always seems to be the case. All they know - and want - is rage. Their lives are not what they want, it’s always someone else’s fault, and it will never end.

I just hope and pray that people don’t become too frightened to demonstrate … that’s the goal of course.

33 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available