Gohmert, Gaetz, Greene Rushed Out Of Their Jan 6 Side Show By Protesters | Talking Points Memo

The balding bearded guy at about the 0:15 mark looks like he should be one of those jerk teachers in bad high-school movies: “Detention for you! And for you! Detention for all of you!”

15 Likes

Which of these will run for 2024 GOP nomination for president?

7 Likes

OT but… this is what Republicans have brought us.

By politicizing the Vax, they are screwing the rest of us

Ever since CDC last updated the guidance to say Vaccinated people didn’t need yo mask I have seen nearly universal non masking. This is despite knowing we are at like 60% at best.

Basically folks who never believed in masks are 100% overlap with anti vaxxxers and as soon as the mandates and those folks are dying. And now I’ll need to mask to save their ass.

Seriously, Republicans. Ruin. Everything. They. Touch.

25 Likes

Trumpets next time?

8 Likes

None they are running for Trump’s VP slot

7 Likes

Hire clowns, get a circus. Fuck you Confederate White Supremacist Lost Cause Trumpsucker GQP.

15 Likes

I wonder how blaming Nancy is going to play out against the images and video at the hearing…not well for Republicans I’d guess

9 Likes

Reminds me of the time I was in a small crowd protesting Trump where his motorcade was about to pass by, and the Infowars “reporter” who was going around trying to shove his mic in protesters’ unwilling faces was dogged by a couple of kazoos. It was actually a pretty effective technique.

24 Likes

Vuvuzelas, cheap and effective. Better than a whistle because it’s loud and closer to vocal range for interruptions.

28 Likes

Excellent point.

But if Democrats hold the House in 2022, I do not think Trump will run. That is Trump knows the only way he can win is if the House, which it will do under Speaker McCarthy, refuses to certify the actual winner who Trump knows will not be Trump.

Therefore if Pelosi or another Democrat is Speaker after 2022, I do not think Trump will run. Otherwise, MTG being a bat-shit crazy woman from swing state Georgia could be Trump’s VP. If Trump does not run, she has nothing to lose and would raise allot of money if she ran for the nomination herself.

4 Likes

Greene and Gaetz together look like an unholy alliance of Dee Snider and Donny Osmond.

13 Likes

It is time for those Americans who are done listening to the bullshit to do what they can to disrupt, cut off, and/or peacefully disable them from being able to continue destroying our nation with their outright lies and flagrant deflection. The media won’t do it. They will give them the airtime, in spite of knowing what this rhetoric, these boldface lies, are doing to our democracy. I applaud every last person who saw fit to go down there and use whatever means they had in that moment, voice, whistle, whatever, to shut these traitors down. :clap::clap::clap: Maybe more folks will see their example and follow suit because these people have no business having a stage when their lies are what got us here.

20 Likes

Those carrying the posters calling out the conservative pedophile and traitors who supported the January 6 Coup to violently attack the Vice President while he was carrying out his most sacred Constitutional duties in the Capitol are American heroes and patriots.

17 Likes

Leana Wen was on Fresh Air and talked about this, we here talked about how loosing the mask mandate coming from CDC wasn’t a good idea. We here talked about those who were against vaccinations would just unmask, so no one knew who was truly vaccinated or not.
And then there were laws in states that said you can’t enact a mask mandate when the CDC’s guidance doesn’t call for masks.
And CDC pulled the plug on masks before we had enough people vaccinated with at least one dose, and India was getting hit, and thus the Delta variant was emerging.

I think Rochelle Walensky doesn’t realize that we live among morons, and you can not give them any room to cheat.

20 Likes

Was this the instrument that was used at World Cup in the not too distant past? That thing was loud and annoying, so perfect for the job.

13 Likes

That’s the one, all those annoying vuvuzelas at the World Cup. Perfect for this gig.

11 Likes

They chose…poorly.

10 Likes

Gaetz is going to jail but Goonert and Empty keep performning because it nails down their districts for the rest of their lives. Slick job security and pension move!

4 Likes

It’s almost impossible to remove unwanted noise from an audio file, so any video you tried to get would have a huge unfixable flaw in it.

14 Likes

I thought today’s testimony really made them look like the Trump sucking dogs they are so I’d say it didn’t play well. Surely the cultists will shrug it off, likely they didn’t even watch, and say they’re all paid actors, they’re traitors, whatever to justify their continued fan-girling and fawning over the former president. But I believe the vast majority who listened to those men testify will have heard the pain in their voices and the patriotism in their hearts.

All I could wonder was whether McCarthy could hear the swish of his career going down the toilet and the writing of his name in the history books after today.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available