Gohmert, Gaetz, Greene Rushed Out Of Their Jan 6 Side Show By Protesters | Talking Points Memo

Just as the House select committee on Jan. 6 wrapped up its first hearing Thursday, a handful of Trump’s greatest Big Lie adherents attempted to hold a press conference outside the DOJ to call out the treatment of jailed insurrectionists, whom they deem “political prisoners.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382536
1 Like

As it should be

49 Likes

“I’m a patriot and no whistle will ever deter me!” OMG she’s just a genius at being ridiculous.

Still, I think it was a remarkable moment. It may be the closest any of us ever get to actually seeing a bunch of people nibbled to death by ducks.

108 Likes

They did not persist.

75 Likes

I’m fine with Gaetz meeting w/DOJ. Wish it would happen already.

46 Likes

So the Gropenführer Gang was overpowered by a whistle? Here’s my shocked face: :rofl:

41 Likes

More of this please. I like the whistle. Good distraction.

41 Likes

A Confederacy of Dunces 2.0!

32 Likes

Just remember that in Rock, Paper, Scissors Expanded Edition, “whistle” beats “snowflake”.

73 Likes

The Gaetz Gang looks like rats being run out of town.

36 Likes

The problem with the ‘rat race’ is that even if you win, you’re still a rat!

30 Likes

The whole protest was first class, from the whistle guy to the woman running after Gaetz with “Are you a pedophile?” on endless loop…

More, please!

61 Likes

I’m confused

weren’t the malcontents supposedly all FBI informants and Antifa?

I have taken to calling the trumpistas “Freedumbshits”

15 Likes

What else could have been expected from the dumbest members of Congress?

22 Likes

23 Likes

And this is how they should be treated EVERYWHERE THEY GO. No Justice no peace. They are liars and insurrectionists that have no place in politics since they do not believe in DEMOCRACY

47 Likes

To try to do this on the streets of the city still recovering from January 6 is monumentally stupid. Plus DC folks know how to do protests. Sit down, children!

40 Likes

There Darwin defying idiots are, one day going to blow themselves up.
They are going to figuratively try to hide in a tunnel but - will have set a fire at both ends.

7 Likes

“…Reps. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA)…”

The Four Horse’s Asses of the Derpocalypse™

84 Likes

And they have no issue being those rats. Takes me back to the hearing and, “how hard is it to tell the truth?”. Apparently for rats, impossible.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available