Gohmert Compares Sit-In Led By John Lewis To Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

What both sides? There’s only one, that this was a righteous uprising of the common folks, akin to the Boston Tea Party, one act in a long struggle against tyranny.

8 Likes

Because so many of the faces looked like a BLM protest?

10 Likes

She doesn’t do simple logic.

8 Likes

That’s some Grade A, Primo Stupidity, there Louis.

Christalmighty, this guy should get a job planning gender reveal parties when he retires from congress.

5 Likes

You seem to be under the pleasant illusion that some aren’t already.

Didn’t they already do this about 10, 11 years ago? How many shots heard ‘round the world do you fire off before the world has no fucks left to give anymore?

12 Likes

Also akin to the Attack on Ft. Sumter! A blow for freedom and liberty!

5 Likes

Preservation of democracy takes eternal vigilance, my friend. Thus true Patriots are ready to answer the call whenever and wherever it comes.

5 Likes

Four or five lights?

5 Likes

When have these ever existed?

2 Likes

A twenty-step process to shameless

1 Like

And apparently has skipped getting her eyes checked.

4 Likes

Only on abandoned oil platforms in the Gulf.

5 Likes

That’s quite painful to think about.

I’ll stop.

2 Likes

Maybe she thinks they were wearing Ye whiteface masks.

7 Likes

Tonight on PBS:

Ken Burns, “The Insurrection”

Brought to you in part by our proud sponsor Koch Industries

3 Likes

To be fair, they are arresting and prosecuting criminals from the protests of the summer of 2020: various Proud Boys and 3%ers who went to the protests to disrupt and discredit the proceedings (or to shoot cops and sheriff’s deputies) are increasingly finding themselves with a government-paid trip on a paddy wagon. So you’ve got to wonder just what is Sen. Johnson still complaining about?

11 Likes

But I do remember when a 10-year old black girl was arrested in Hawaii because another kid’s mom was offended. If Gohmert wants an equal application of police powers and the justice system, I’m sure we can track down just a few of his doodles to set an example of the kind of justice he and Ron Jon are crying for.

6 Likes

True, and that’s much, much worse than trying to whitewash it. Although it’s not at all believable to anyone who doesn’t desperately want to believe it, saying it was BLM and Antifa is infinitely more credible (and it isn’t credible at all) than saying it was a great thing. @teenlaqueefa

I don’t get it.

4 Likes

The Republicans plan on destroying our Republic as we know it. If they succeed, the word “patriot” becomes the empty property of those practitioners of semantics.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available