Gohmert Compares Sit-In Led By John Lewis To Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Someone should really drive this home with a deadpan presentation of compare and contrast.

Guillotines at Lewis demonstration: 0 Guillotines at Trump Riot: >1…

A Moebius of stupidity (definitely one-sided).

Book em, Dan-o! or…Garland-o

The sad part about Gohmert is he has managed to get into a position with a bit of power. Otherwise his fellow goobers wouldn’t waste their time breaking the crackers up in the barrel so he doesn’t choke on them.

Did Gomert go on to equate Rosa Parks to a plane hijacker?

It’s like that old RW folk song, We Shall Overthrow.

We Shall Overthrow, we shall overthrow
We shall overthrow someday
Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe
We shall overthrow someday

And now I’m worried that some RW asshole sees this and steals the idea, non-ironically. They’re that stupid.

Reminds me of the old joke about the difference between the branches of our armed services.

Scenario: You wake up in the morning and find a scorpion in your tent. What do you do?

Navy: “I step on the scorpion with my foot.”

Army: “I step on the scorpion with my boot.”

Marines: “I kill the scorpion and eat it for breakfast.”

Air Force: “I call the front desk and ask them what the hell a tent is doing in my hotel room.”

3 Likes

Betcha his lips were moving.

1 Like

I imagine that the members who joined John Lewis’s sit-in used the bathrooms instead of smearing their feces on the walls of Congress like those MAGA “patriots” did. With Trump lovers, it isn’t only political shit they spread.

1 Like

I like that concept. It fits Louis well.

The comparison is inapt.

1 Like

Louie can’t tell the difference between violent criminal behavior to disrupt the constitution, and non-violent civil disobedience, to overturn unconstitutional laws.

Quelle surprise.

1 Like

You cared enough to come make this comment.

To a great extent, to explain Ted Cruz’s behavior, one needs only look to his father, Rafael Cruz, the self-righteous, blathering idiot.

The “most important guy” bit, or “billionaire?”

1 Like

I have never met Louie Gohmert, but I have known plenty of other Texas electeds of his generation. Their brains were all melted by Rush Limbaugh and Fox News.

2 Likes

There were some very slight differences between the events:

• Several dead people during or just after
  • Cops severely beaten and sprayed with pepper spray
  • People with zip ties looking for congresspeople or the VP to kidnap them, presumably
  • Damage running into millions of dollars
  • Bombs planted

Oh hey Louie, come sit by the TV and I’ll fix you some milk and cookies while you listen to this fun song.

Honestly, thinking is not his friend. He tries, the poor fellow, to make arguments about how the liberals are the real villains and naughty people and he just gets himself all tied up in knots and pretty soon he’s saying stuff about ancient Greek soldiers giving each other massages or whatever and it’s just more head-slapping and wtf than the last bizarre thing he said.

I’m going to be blunt: Only a sicko or political pervert would draw a parallel between these two events. I think he’s qualified on both counts.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available