Gohmert And Other Trump Toadies Sue … Pence In Cartoonish Gambit To Steal Election For Trump

It’s the latest Hail Mary.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) is leading an inevitably doomed lawsuit against Vice President Mike Pence — who will preside over Congress’ tallying of the Electoral College’s votes on January 6 — that seeks to hijack the final step in formalizing President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1351189

Judge Jeremy Kernodle

In the end, it’s all just a bunch of kernodling.

31 Likes

Faithfully executing constitutional duties equals being put in a “decidedly uncomfortable position.” – Today’s Neo-fascist Republican Party in a nutshell.

39 Likes

Melania Joe 2020

20 Likes

It’s worthy of snark, but it is terrifyingly dangerous and further exposes the American Republican Party to worldwide scrutiny–and labeling by some–as a organization working to remove the right of American citizens to choose their leaders.

66 Likes

“Cartoonish gambit” pretty well describes everything Gohmert does.

37 Likes

When is a judge going to throw these assholes in the slam for wasting the court’s time and the public’s money?

45 Likes

Insanity: dong the same thing over and over again but each time expecting a different outcome.

All are extreme gun-rights activists and have encouraged insurrection.

Doesn’t that mean we can pick all of them top and hold them for 72 hours in order to perform a mental health assessment check? They are a danger to themselves (gong around massless). If so, can we please arrange to do the assessment in Guantanamo Bay? Just asking…

8 Likes

Makes sense. Gohmert is the stupidest Senator in memory - which is saying a lot considering his competition and the current state of the republican party…

16 Likes

Good article, but Arizona doesn’t have 11 GOP electors. That’s as false as everything else in the lawsuit.

26 Likes

There is no penalty for most of the GOPpers to pay a price for their stupidity. They’re in districts so gerrymandered, in many cases, that either they barely have to campaign or not campaign at all (because no one will run against them).

This is a case in point - his constituents love him and they will re-elect him well after he’s in the ground.

26 Likes

All those in national positions must be required to take and pass a test that covers American History and civics before they can even run for office, in my humble opinion.

22 Likes

9 Likes

Too elitist - you’ll never get the red States to go for it.

4 Likes

How far away are we from the Trump Campaign suing the Trump Administration for allowing a corrupt and fraudulent election?

42 Likes

Actually, I kinda like this. Imagine the screams of fury when a judge appointed by Whiny says no.

And it’s HELPLESS fury.:grin:

8 Likes

Dear Vice President Pence: On Dec 14th I walked down to the Capitol here in Albany and cast all of New York’s 29 Electoral Votes for myself. I hereby demand that you count them.

Sincerely, Me…

23 Likes

I realize there would be no way to make it happen…just saying what should be the case. Those in positions of governance should understand what is in the freaking constitution.

3 Likes

Serious question–
If Mikey were to invoke the 25th amendment with the Cabinet now, he’d become acting Prez.
Would that prelude him from presiding over the electoral college count on 1/6? If yes, who could? And would that formality keep Biden from being able to be sworn in on 1/20?

4 Likes

Pence gets what he deserves. He sat and watched Trump lash out at everyone who didn’t kiss his pasty white behind. Pence tried to go unscathed in hopes of running for POTUS in 2024…but as we all know…no one gets out from under Trump without stain or pain.

So beeith the lesson and the largest Nelson laugh saved for thee.

hahaa_download

18 Likes