Giuliani Won’t Be Trump Impeachment Lawyer Because ‘I Am A Witness,’ He Says | Talking Points Memo

Rudy Giuliani will not be on President Donald Trump’s impeachment defense team. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355199

Sounds like he doesn’t want to defend Trump.

Perhaps his client has some unpaid invoices?

16 Likes

This just makes me giggle…almost uncontrollably.

23 Likes

You’d think the Ghoul would have this right by now…

21 Likes

I’m looking forward to a great night sleep Wednesday night. The Trump nightmare is almost over.

16 Likes

A witness?

Yes.

6 Likes

Here I sit with baited breath. Smells fishy either way. Witness co conspirators. We’re gonna need a program to keep track.

3 Likes

“I am a witness!”

“Okay, what did you witness?”

“That’s privileged!”

24 Likes

Here’s hoping there are no lawyers left who are willing to do this pro malo.

5 Likes

Giuliani Won’t Be Trump Impeachment Lawyer Because ‘I Am A Witness,’

“If I can’t be co-defendant, I ain’t going”.

5 Likes

Hey Ghoulie, you’ve mistakenly used “witness” for “defendant”.

Or mispronounced “witless”…

11 Likes

“J. Hogan Gidley” …yes, it does. And don’t get me started on his haircut.

12 Likes

Seriously??

“They basically claimed that anytime [Trump] says voter fraud, voter fraud — or I do, or anybody else — we’re inciting to violence; that those words are fighting words because it’s totally untrue,” Giuliani told the network Saturday. “Well, if you can prove that it’s true, or at least true enough so it’s a legitimate viewpoint, then they are no longer fighting words.”’’

Yeah, that’s the rub. The “proving” part. All Trump has ever had in his “voter fraud, voter fraud” whinging is the “saying” part. No actual proof, or anything like it. Not even specific allegations.

In related news, New Mexico Republican Party head Steave Pearce is alleging that, right here in New Mexico, it’s obvious that Democrats “bought up” absentee ballots from people who hadn’t bothered to vote (yeah, even after requesting a ballot; go figure), then marked 'em for Biden and mailed 'em in after the election. And that’s how Biden won New Mexico, won big and on Election Night. Sure.

Of course, Mr Pearce has no NAMES of people who “sold” their unmarked ballot, nor any NAMES of people (aka “Democrats”) who bought ballots. He doesn’t even have any ads soliciting ballots, nor tweets nor emails … well, you get the picture. He says his story “isn’t ready for prime time yet.” Ya think?

16 Likes

Face it, they discussed Rudy. Final decision, one run of on camera flatulence and it is over.

2 Likes

Pro bonehead.

8 Likes

Great movie. Melania can play the ex-wife who hates him but…surprise!

2 Likes

ghoulsie will do it pro boner

1 Like

She’ll have to get in line

5 Likes

They keep using that word “hoax”. I don’t think it means what they think it means.

10 Likes

Trump will be down to public defenders refusing to take his case by the end of the week.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available