Giuliani Has A New Conspiracy Theory To Mainline Into GOP Bloodstream | Talking Points Memo

THANKS! That saved me A LOT of work!

1 Like

I thought the best single scene in the entire series was the first scene of the series finale. The absurdity of that was off the charts for me. Oh, and any scene with Bunk or Omar Little.

I feel like I lost IQ points just reading this.

Even by the standards of Stupid Watergate and this, the Stupidest Reality governed by a stupid, stupid man elected* by stupid, stupid, stupid people to do the stupid, stupid shit that sounds smart to stupid, stupid people, this is like the seven layer dip of stupidity. One layer of stupid on top of another supporting yet another.

Because that’s not how this works. The sheer level of ignorance of how mutual funds work, international finance works, even how corruption works you have to feign just to say this shit, and the level of commitment it takes to say it without busting out laughing or vomiting is astonishing.

FFS, just the mother stupidity, the tale of seven billion dollars somehow moving from Ukraine into a deeply boring mutual fund company and then back to Ukraine without central banks across the world noticing is well, I guess the term I’m looking for is stupid, stupid, stupid!

And yet, I am 100% confident Graham, Grassley, Jordan, Meadows, Gaetz, Trump, Ronna Romney Zeigler, the drunk driver lady, and hapless Pakled Kevin McCarthy will be spewing it within the next 24 hours.

4 Likes

All the while blithely, ecstatically blind to the centuries-old irony of Americans adhering to a “blood and soil” fascist mysticism theory of nationality.

3 Likes

“Dubinsky said in the video that $7 billion that had been stolen from the Ukrainian budget via various corruption schemes was laundered into the U.S. by being used to purchase an equal amount in bonds issued by the Ukrainian government.”

Ummmm, do they even know how bonds work?

“Schiff has holdings in five FT funds, according to his financial disclosure.”

Ummmm, do they even know how mutual funds work?

5 Likes

lol…dude isn’t even Native American…

Yes…when you played Oregon Trail in grade school on an Apple IIe, you were being indoctrinated…

1 Like

It’s amazing, huh? It’s a constant theme in right wing propaganda world when I’m over there: all they need is the thinnest of connections between two things and they are off and running, burning through tinfoil hats, shrooms and wild-eyed, tangetially reasoned, word association, stream of consciousness screeds like they’ve uncovered the location to the lost city of Atlantis and NOTHING can undo it once it takes root in their heads. NOTHING.

2 Likes

Desperate people do desperate things.
Isn’t it amazing how It is the Ukraine is where Ghouliani has to go to dredge campaign fodder for a US political campaign .
They must be desperate…

1 Like

Is this a buy, sell, or hold recommendation on Franklin Templeton funds?

2 Likes

If Giuliani brings that tank of merde back here, he may find his bony ass on a slow slide towards the thin ice. Politics doesn’t dirty up much more than what he and Trump are doing. But, we still have laws.

1 Like

Trump is not subject to laws while in office. Go ahead, accuse him of breaking one, then go about having him charged and tried.

No snark and you’ve answered my question: These poll do not or cannot forecast the EC vote. That’s why I’m not rosy.

1 Like

I said Giuliani, not Trump.

Well, we won’t be able to say we weren’t given a heads on how the 2020 campaign season is going to play out. This will be a daily saturation of disinformation, the 2016 attacks ramped up to the max.

Obviously with this latest Giuliani/Ukraine conspiracy scheme, the more ridiculous the claim the better. Guess they’re hoping for a Pizzagate Super Nova effect.

This would be funny if it wasn’t so dangerous.

So, Schiff is going under the gun because he holds some lousy mutual funds in his portfolio and by a very crooked, dotted line it all leads back to Ukraine?

Alex Jones has lost his mojo, only to be replaced by the Republican Party.

Meanwhile, as the noise ratchets up, the Trumpster is ordering that Judaism will now be considered a nationality. Presumably, this is to rein in the Boycott Israel movement. But as Garry Kasparov noted in a recent tweet, this is exactly what the former Soviet Union did to isolate, separate its own Jewish community while tagging Jews ‘the other.’

None of this is funny. And history has a weird, diabolical way of repeating itself.

2020 will be a flash point, methinks. For everyone.

I am curious how many members of Congress have some connection to Franklin Templeton Investments, which, as noted, manages assets worth over $700 billion dollars.

1 Like

Just knowing that they were going to get mentioned would likely be a money-making opportunity for someone.

Oh hell, I’ve been a student – it that’s the word – of urban folklore, rumor. superstition, old wives tales since high school, many moons ago. Most are harmless unless they affect political thinking in some irrational and dangerous way. For ex, I once overheard a conversation to the effect that Obama did not go to class at Harvard. Instead, he sat in a secret room where he was trained by instructors from Moscow. Absurd? Of course, unless you believe it and are registered to vote. I recall people who believed that JFK, if elected, would install the Pope in DC and use him for advice. I wish I knew how to combat it.

2 Likes

Haha…I believe that one’s been a historical theme in this country when it comes to the Irish and the Catholics.

Check out Catholic Al Smith who ran for POTUS in 1936 (?),
GOP circulated a picture of him dedicating the Lincoln Tunnel throughout the rural south, told the yahoos that he would extend that tunnel to the Vatican if he was elected.
They believed it.

1 Like

LOL! I’ll have to look that one up haha

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available