Ginsburg Released From Hospital Following Stent Procedure | Talking Points Memo

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was discharged from a New York hospital on Friday following a procedure on a bile stent that was placed last August, the Supreme Court said.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1323635
1 Like

And on the seventh day she rested.
Shabbat Shalom RBG.
Just rest…and maybe lay off your exercise routine for a day or two.

16 Likes

Rest, restore, and just keep going, Justice Ginsberg. You got our backs for a long time, and we will carry you!

7 Likes

We need to wrap this woman in bubble wrap and put her in one of those climate controlled house size glass cubicles that keep out all germs and viruses. People can only enter in full PPE gear and her food must have taste testers before she eats it.

10 Likes

Stay heathy and safe RBG!

Hope this gives you a laugh…

21 Likes

Rest and recup, Justice Badass. Your legacy is secure, but we have this one last thing to ask of you.

11 Likes

In these terrible times we still have a few heroes. Vindman, Fauci, RBG…

13 Likes

Gretta

4 Likes

Stay well, Madam Justice Notorious.

20 Likes

Stay strong!

1 Like

6 Likes

RBG and the fate of our nation are deserving of REAL thoughts and prayers, not like the RWNJ’s, deserving only of “tots and pears!” Be well, RBG, you are a treasure!

7 Likes

" Ginsburg…"

“…Released From Hospital.”

10 Likes

She’ll make it to January 2021 through sheer force of will and determination.

6 Likes

I have worked with many people in RBG’s position. Every trip to the hospital, every procedure done, is another chance for opportunistic infection or medical mishap. Honestly, I am shocked that she is still with us, but I can guarantee that things are more grave than what we are hearing from her and her doctors. My heart aches for her that she will never get the rest that she so richly deserves. I am far from confident that she will make it to November 3rd.

3 Likes

That’s not even hyperbole. Remember how Ann Coulter joked about poisoning her creme brûlée? We can’t rule anything past these people.

Anyone who made it to 88 with her medical history is one tough cookie.
Actuarially speaking, she’s more likely to keep going than not.

5 Likes

Actuarially speaking, she should have died within 2 years of being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which used to be a death sentence.

My misgivings have nothing to do with her toughness, which is unquestioned, but simply a pattern I have noted in people I have case managed in the past. Multiple cancer sites, frequent trips to the hospital, and 88 years of age do not add up to a prognosis of more than 6 months. I hope I am wrong and she makes it another 10 years. The one thing she has on her side, besides her own dedication to her heath, is she is getting great medical care. But you can’t beat back mortality indefinitely.

3 Likes

Yeah, good idea. This weekend she has got some renovations she’s doing on her house (apparently she’s gonna knock down some walls), then she’s helping a neighbor haul away an old brick wall and then Sunday she’s working on a Habitat for Humanity project (she’s in charge of digging out the foundation and unloading all the building materials from the trucks) so dialing it back a bit on the exercise for a couple of days does seem like a good idea. She needs to pace herself a bit…

6 Likes

I’m not arguing but she obviously seems determined to hang in there and not retire until a new president can choose a replacement. Otherwise we can expect the most odious pick possible. She’s being a soldier. All you can do is hope, or pray, for her good health. Prognosis is not destiny.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available