Ginni Thomas Privately Praised Group Working Against Supreme Court Reform: 'Thank You So, So, So Much'

Originally published at: Ginni Thomas Privately Praised Group Working Against Supreme Court Reform: ‘Thank You So, So, So Much’

This article was originally published at ProPublica, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, privately heaped praise on a major religious-rights group for fighting efforts to reform the nation’s highest court — efforts sparked, in large part, by her husband’s ethical lapses. Thomas expressed her appreciation in…

Ginni apparently wants to keep the RV and continue the Harlan Crow-provided vacations. Who could blame her . . . except for people who care about keeping a functional democracy in the US.

35 Likes

Hetero cakes they are delicious
Now the right is more ambitious.
Ginni’s intent is quite malicious.
This whole thing is most suspicious.

22 Likes

I didn’t realize an “independent judiciary” was equal to “can be bribed with gifts”. How dare people hold the highest court of the land to any accountability and ethical code?

40 Likes

the evil that will occur if we lose the rule of law is beyond, I think, what any of us can even think through.

I agree. These bible-thumpers certainly aren’t thinking through it. But they sure are dead-set on subordinating the rule of law to their own misogynist, patriarchal fetishes.

24 Likes

U.S. media:

25 Likes

You guys have filled the pockets of so many judges. Can I just say, thank you so so much.

I did not say pockets. I said sails.

17 Likes

Thomas is the lede but her revanchist, reactionary schtik is old hat. The rotten heart of the oligarchic beast and the fascistic circulatory system extending from it appears a few paras down; e.g.,

18 Likes

Actually, she was announcing the start of another “sale” of judges - looks like an automated close captioning problem… :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

What Ginni couldnt say, but everyone knows, that with enforcement of ethics rules the currect SC majority is at risk…

16 Likes

Trumpy rules call for doubling down when caught in wrong-doing.

10 Likes

Ginni Thomas says “independent” but she means “above the law,” and her gang of extremist religious sectarians and pro-money, anti-democracy fascists knows it.

18 Likes

And First Liberty, Shackelford, and G. Thomas will decide which religion will become supreme.

15 Likes

This revelation, yet another of many, screams “conflict of interest” into the public debate over the lack of a code of ethics, on paper, implied, or dutifully observed as a mere matter of public interest, by the Supreme Court.

12 Likes

First Liberty needs to change its name to Pro-Bribery

11 Likes

Another one of those times where I was sure this was from Borowitz or Onion.

10 Likes

Ginni knows they are guilty.

10 Likes

From Wiki, below, and, a telling quotation, and, someone should report her to JD Vance as childless!!

Ginni and Clarence Thomas married in 1987.[79] The couple lives in Virginia.[80] In an interview, Ginni’s uncle said of the couple, “I can guarantee you I was surprised when I found out she was going with a black man”, to which her aunt added, “but he was so nice, we forgot he was black, and he treated her so well all of his other qualities made up for his being black.”[81]

14 Likes

LOL, from Shackelford’s bio. He graduated in 1988 and he’s bragging about his law school GPA. And from Baylor!

[He] graduated from Baylor Law School (1988) with the highest unadjusted GPA in his graduating class.

7 Likes

When will we be rid of this breathless, bloviating, bothersome, buttinsky of a banshee? I am so sick of seeing her and hearing about her. Another failure of the Obama test. If Michelle had done one tenth of what Ginni the Deranged Giant has done, she’d be wearing orange (not that she wouldn’t look absolutely fabulous) by now.

7 Likes