Georgia Judge Laughs David Perdue’s 2020 Election Lawsuit Out Of Court

A state judge in Georgia laughed former U.S. senator and Trump-endorsed gubernatorial candidate David Perdue out of court, saying in essence that he had no idea what he was talking about when he filed suit late last year over the 2020 election results in Georgia. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1414880
1 Like

“This quixotic journey will not take place,”

Perfect comment by a judge, to a rich, entitled, white guy seeking to be TFG’s lackey.

73 Likes

“We’re confident that we can block these votes legally from now on, thanks.”

26 Likes

Perdue: First as comedy, then as tragedy.

18 Likes

David “Chicken Man” Purdue is a coop plotter.

26 Likes

If I was a rich man, the last thing I would be doing would be pulling the chestnuts out of the fire for some @$$hole.

20 Likes

“This quixotic journey will not take place.”

::singing:: To reach . . . . the un-reach-a-ble . . . STAR!!!"

13 Likes

Perdue’s claims, McBurney wrote, consisted of “speculation, conjecture and paranoia — sufficient fodder for talk shows, op-ed pieces and social media platforms, but far short of what would legally justify a court taking such action.”

That is the point lost on MAGA types. Proving fraud to a court takes real evidence, far beyond the kind of speculation, conjecture and paranoia that infects Fox News and the rest of the right wing Wurlitzer. .

50 Likes

A well-established feature of paranoid delusions is that evidence to the contrary simply becomes evidence of more conspiracy against the victim. In this case, the victims are clearly those ill-informed Georgians who already believe in a stolen election. It’s not clear whether Perdue himself is a cynic or a paranoid.

But either way, his shenanigans are a misfortune for the general public. One can only hope that he soon leaves the public eye forever, except perhaps as an exemplar of the awful, in the style of the 21st century Trump GQP.

27 Likes

Yes.

Given all the reporting on how reluctant Perdue was even to enter this race, I (still) can’t help but wonder what Trump said to him/has on him/promised to him that caused Perdue to set himself up for the certain humiliation to come when he loses the primary. Trump will just drop him like he’d never heard of him before; he’d already said at that rally that if Perdue loses he (Trump) will have wasted a lot of time.

Of course, I personally find Trump to be not only easily resistible but out and out repulsive, which makes it really difficult for me to figure out why more people don’t feel similarly.

43 Likes

Another example of Mike Pense’s courage. As soon as Kemp became a sure thing he endorsed him.

37 Likes

Brian Kemp ®, who Donald Trump faulted for not stealing the 2020 election

Donald didn’t lose. Thousands and thousands of people just didn’t vote for him.

29 Likes

I have to wonder if that’s the end of the saga.

I’m guessing not.

3 Likes

He’s a cluck!

7 Likes

Mike Pence’s moral core is pretty fluid. Pence is the king of platitude speak. Droning on and on and on spouting nice words without saying a fucking thing.

39 Likes

He also was the record holder for the most insider trades while a Senator. By a lot.

31 Likes

When Pence stared awestruck at TFG like he was Jesus I just had to shake my head. He’s a suckup asshole like I’ve never witnessed before.

39 Likes

Absolutely cringeworthy.

28 Likes

I think he’s a phony and full of shit. Every move he makes and word he says is a practiced act. He’s all formula and nothing real.

23 Likes

Worse than Lindsey Graham. That takes some doing.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available