Georgia County DA Requests Special Grand Jury In Trump Election Steal Probe

Georgia’s Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis requested a special grand jury in her election interference investigation into ex-President Donald Trump on Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402113

And the hits keep a’coming…

40 Likes

Wherever the indictment of donald j trump esq. and former guy comes from is fine by me.

30 Likes

From the Article:

["The prosecutor told Brasher that she needed help with her probe from a special grand jury because a ’significant number of witnesses and prospective witnesses have refused to cooperate with the investigation absent a subpoena requiring their testimony.' "]
(emphasis added)

32 Likes

Go Georgia! But unfortunately the governor will pardon him if this starts to get traction.

2 Likes

“significant number of witnesses and prospective witnesses have refused to cooperate with the investigation absent a subpoena requiring their testimony.”

It’s only because repubs are so committed to the rule of law, or perhaps it’s because they feel they’re above the rule of law.

Alternatively, perhaps those prospective witnesses have been threatened by trumpers who could give a shit about the stinkin’ law.

10 Likes

Have you been following the Trump-Kemp relationship since last November?

18 Likes

Good, witnesses that refuse to cooperate should be forced to, especially on a subject like this. Interference with our elections has to be knocked down hard, otherwise we won’t have fair ones anymore. It’s too bad Manchin and Sinema didn’t understand that yesterday.

23 Likes

GA is one of those weird states where the governor doesn’t have the power to pardon. There’s a board that handles pardons and here are the eligibility requirements:

1. You were convicted of a felony offense in Georgia;
  2. You completed all sentences at least five (5) years before applying (this means that you have been off parole or probation for five years);
  3. You have lived a law-abiding life in the last five (5) years;
  4. You do not have any pending charges; and
  5. All of your fines and/or restitution are paid.
71 Likes

Maybe not. Trump has belittled and insulted Gov. Kemp since he refused to overturn the election. He might enjoy watching Trump twist in the wind, at least, for awhile. I wonder if an indictment and conviction open him up to Federal election tampering charges as he made his calls from the White House. Those newly released phone logs will be very interesting.

16 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :joy: :sweat_smile:HAHAHA .
He is toast

36 Likes

You know if he is made to pay legally for his crime of election tampering that would go a long long way to preventing others hoping to get on that bandwagon for fear of prosecution, even with new voting rights laws.

13 Likes

The entirety of Trump’s instincts are either criminal, unethical, illegal, immoral, amoral, selfish, arrogant, or any or all of these. He is a waste of a human being, and I am being understated.

17 Likes

Hmm, you know I might be fine with fines. Nickle and diming some of these folks will keep a smile on my face for many, many years.

6 Likes

Is there a gif for “shoes dropping on Trump’s head”?

If not, we need one.

Delicious.

5 Likes

This day is going too well. Surely, something really bad is about to happen. Has anyone checked on the Yellowstone super volcano lately?

16 Likes

The DA should check with Perdue!

4 Likes

IANAL, but this must be a bitch for a lawyer whose client is facing multiple threats.
I’m guessing he has a different lawyer(s) for each threat.

3 Likes

The incoming meteor will plug it…

17 Likes
  1. That really goes against Chump’s grain, more than anything.
    The other conditions are difficult, but paying his bills is something he has never managed to do…unless he can use YOUR money.
14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available