Georgia Board Turns Election Deniers Into Election 'Monitors'

Originally published at: Georgia Board Turns Election Deniers Into Election ‘Monitors’

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Oy … Fulton County filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the Georgia State Election Board to try to block it from sending in election deniers to serve as election “monitors.” The MAGA Republican majority on the…

2 Likes

Happy Wednesday! I’ll be early voting later today here in NM.

102 Likes

One of these things is not like the others.

35 Likes

herekitty
‘Word got out in raccoon land’: Wildlife operator helps address woman’s raccoon problem (komonews.com)

Here kitty kitty kitty. Here kitty kitty kitty. Want some kibbles?

54 Likes

Plot to Sneak Foxes into Hen Houses Revealed!

24 Likes

All are lovely, but I think I’ll take the one on the right…

:smile_cat:

21 Likes

The MAGA Republican majority on the board wants to appoint its own monitors despite Fulton County already having appointed a team to monitor its performance in this election.

Clearly, the Republican Party is all about limited government.

53 Likes

Already put my ballot in the drop box here in VT.

41 Likes

Hang tight, blue Floridians! I’m sorry your governor is a POS!

77 Likes

The conspiracy theories are getting more and more unhinged. I didn’t even think that was possible.

I want off this timeline.

54 Likes

41 Likes

Ilegal VOters like democrats and college students needs to STOP or we won’t have an America anymore!

Where’s Puppy?

75 Likes

“His refusal to sign the documents allows him to circumvent fund-raising rules that put limits on private contributions to the transition effort, as well as ethics rules meant to avoid possible conflicts of interest for the incoming administration.”

I had an aunt whose reaction to shocking news was always: “You don’t say…”

55 Likes

Looks like the whole state needs to be on high alert. A little wobble left or right and a whole 'nother section of the state gets inundated. Never mind the rain even w/o high winds.Yikes. Stay safe!

34 Likes

The WaPo “Melania” review firmly confirmed the idea that Mrs. Trump is just as much of a grifter as her husband. I’m sure her book will be listed with that bulk-buying asterisk in the NYT best-seller list because it’s being bought by the campaign and its enablers in yuge numbers, on its way to being pulped next year, unread.

I do hope they send a couple copies to their pal Vlad, though.

55 Likes

Like I said on yesterday’s MM thread, I would have a hard time getting 25 people to attest I was a real human.

4,500 tips? What had Kavanaugh done to amass that kind of figure?
If you are going to leave info for the FBI…that isn’t just playing around like dropping anonymous comments in a box or on an online form. You would be subjecting yourself to tracing, and get interviewed if it were handled seriously. If your evidence proved newsworthy, you might be publicly identified and possibly part of a hearing as a witness. Bringing down a SC nom would be a BFD. Similarly, if you are caught wasting the FBI’s time, you might face trouble. Lastly, you are putting yourself on a list of ‘troublemakers’ if the RW FBI or Republicans want to know WHO has dirt that needs to be ‘cleaned up’.

I have no idea of how many of the 4500 were valid…it’s possible that was the gross total or perhaps already sorted. But even assuming 90% were bogus that is 450 credible crumbs and added to the hard/fast names/schools/locales we know about, would likely have lots of shared threads.

56 Likes

(The Kremlin confirmed this account but denied that two leaders have spoken by phone since Trump left office.)

Putin knows this hurts Trump’s chances and wants it kept secret, at least until “after.”

37 Likes

Still looking for some NYC love?

52 Likes

And red Floridians, keep safe and consider these past couple of weeks as a learning opportunity. Select leaders who appreciate reality-based expertise,

58 Likes

I had extra requested our city clerk to mail me a physical ballot rather than vote using the electronic form that would have been emailed to me (so nobody could argue it “looked different” in case crazies got involved). I got it early last week, and was going to mail it, but now, due to my dad’s health, I am returning to the States prior to Election Day and can drop it off at the box outside city hall.

Lotta MAGAts where my dad lives. He told me he had put a Harris/Walz sign out and someone swiped it overnight. He’s got a second one in reserve :laughing: which will probably go in a window instead.

60 Likes