George Santos Decides Suing Jimmy Kimmel Is Better Way To Get Attention Than Running For Congress

When expelled-Rep. George Santos’ (R-NY) campaign committee reported no fundraising and no expenditures in March, the former congressman — who had launched a new, long shot bid for the First Congressional District in New York — offered up a very Santosian excuse for why exactly his campaign was broke: he didn’t want people to think that he, a notorious fabulist and admitted liar, was scamming everyone again.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1487077
1 Like

“Santosian”
Not to be confused with Sanstoesian MTG.

14 Likes

Is he trying to give Kimmel more material? $150,000 per video? And how is he going to prove he was damaged?

@txlawyer?

7 Likes

IMG_4746

10 Likes

Santos really dropped his bid to free up his time when the big guy gives him the nod as his running mate.

6 Likes

Would abiding by Mr Devolder’s assertion that a Cameo patron should refrain from “using them in a way that he was not permitted to” be the same as believing in a Santos Clause?

14 Likes

Gotta put that in my bucket list: Accusing someone … you sir are a “notorious fabulist!”

5 Likes

George who?

13 Likes

Maybe he thinks “fabulist” is some derivation of “fabulous”.

13 Likes

His legal team is probably getting paid by the hour - on the hour.

3 Likes

Up to $30,000 statutory damages for willful infringement, and they broadcast five videos. It is far from a frivolous lawsuit.

Disgorgement. What were the revenues from the broadcasts and the YouTube clips?

It’s not a frivolous lawsuit. Not at all.

11 Likes

It’s about time the boy made an honest living.

8 Likes

Mahalo for the explanation.

3 Likes

His mistake was campaigning under the Santos name again and not creating a new identity for 2024. If he would have run as “Cam Helion for New York” or something, he’d have been a player.

Have we ever seen evidence that there really is a husband?

2 Likes

I like the bit about the chickens. That is a thing these days. In the last few years, five chicken coops (that I’m aware of) have sprung up within a few blocks of my house – a fairly rural area overall, but I live in the middle of town in a quasi-suburban setting. Fortunately, no roosters. But it’s pretty common for hens to get loose – more often than dogs seem to. Between the hens, the deer, the woodchucks, the rabbits, and the bears it’s getting pretty crazy. I just hope the foxes will return to our neighborhood. Not sure I want the bob cats that have been returning, and I know I don’t want the cayotes that are plentiful within a few miles of here. Or the fishers. Racoons and skunks are a pain but it would be good to see more of them – they were hard hit when rabies arrived here some 30 years ago.

2 Likes

Got any raptors? I had an owl arguing with someone outside my bedroom window last night. I’ve seen several hawks, and watched the crows chase said hawks away.
My backyard woodchuck finally decided to make his/her appearance. And of course the deer wander around, crossing the road with the assistance of the drivers that stop to let them cross.
My neighbor who lives across the road in an 1800’s farmhouse has a meadow behind the house. He actually had to call someone to remove several of the wild turkeys because the toms were getting to nasty fights.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Vultures. Lots of vultures. No hawks in town that I’ve seen. There have been a lot of crows in our yard this spring. We’ve already caught a woodchuck in the have-a-heart trap we finally bought last summer – and saw another one in the huge lawn behind our property today. Wild turkeys abundant in our area but – so far! – they haven’t come into town. Years ago we used to hear an owl at night, but not for a long time. It’s good to see the world coming back to life.

1 Like

If George were really smart, he would have run for congress as George Santos, have Kitara sue Jimmy Kimmel, and let Anthony Devolder serve his inevitable prison sentence.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available