Garland Threatens To Sue TX Guv Over Order Against Driving Undocumented People | Talking Points Memo

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday threatened the governor of Texas with legal action over a new order from the governor’s office prohibiting non-law enforcement officers from driving undocumented people anywhere. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382882
1 Like

Yo Texas wingnuts: Don’t say one mumbling word to me about how much you insist on preserving your freedoms. Just don’t.

53 Likes

Good for Garland. Abbott has been absolutely horrid, even more than usual, as he tries to cover his right flank. It’s a death match between him and DeSantis, but the people dying are the citizens of their states.

47 Likes

Abbott is a Trump wannabe! Lord I hope the Dems can come up with a winner in the next election.

12 Likes

OT: I haven’t often seen Gym Jordan stumbling and mumbling his way through interviews as he does here. Usually, from him, it’s an auctioneer type rapid-fire hail of lies too numerous to even know how to respond. Watch this. He seems really nervous.

34 Likes

He hasn’t been at a loss for words this much since that last Ohio State wrestler begged him to call 911.

56 Likes

Seems to me that DOJ should arrest & detain Guv Abbott for attempting to impersonate a President. . . . .poorly.

10 Likes

If he had just ignored that phone call(s?) from Trump that day, like that SoS from Arizona, he could have still been known as the guy who ignored sexual assault instead of the guy who ignored an insurrection. But I’ll remember him for both.

23 Likes

Then there’s Abbott

23 Likes

O sweet! O thank you, AG Garland from the bottom of my heart -

40 Likes

I just have this sense that our institutions, so badly damaged under Trump, are finally healing and fighting back. Hard.

From DoJ, most obviously, to our intelligence and the military. But also the FDA, CDC, and other agencies that serve to protect us, should be protecting us, but under Trump, were just protecting him often at our expense. I’m starting to feel better every day about the state of things, despite Manchin and Sinema.

24 Likes

Gym started out with both shoulders pinned while wrestling with his conscience.
Despite all their efforts at encouraging an effort… witnesses to the event could have sworn he was either enjoying being prone under another male, or frozen in fear.

1 Like
7 Likes

He’s no genius, God knows, but I doubt anyone capable of clothing himself would fail to remember when, on that particular day, he talked to Trump. He looks up in the air like he’s never even thought about it and has to think hard to remember this unimportant and very common matter on that unimportant and very ordinary day. I am not repeat not buying that one. And then trying to pivot out of it? Oh, so smooth, Jordan, you’re good at this, we’ll have to keep an eye on a slick fella like you. :nerd_face:

28 Likes

Exactly! He may speak frequently to Trump, but it’s not as if every day is Insurrection Day. It’s sort of like 9/11 in the sense you remember what you were doing on that day, especially if you were somehow involved in it, as it appears Jordan was.

20 Likes

He pauses and e looks up trying to find the right words. Jordan knows he stuck his foot in a steaming pile and is flailing. He is insufferable.

9 Likes

Greg Abbott is the small-minded motherfucker of heartless pieces of shit.

20 Likes

Well, he can play it as coy as he likes, but hundreds have people have been tracked down already because the Capitol is a huge communications exchange for cell signals. If he made a call to Trump in the building it’s probably already known to investigators precisely when. And I’m willing to bet he knows it too.

35 Likes

Eastern Trump

20 Likes

Lately, he has certainly been having a comming out party of sort!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available