Gaetz Pal Greenberg Expected To Enter Plea In Case, Spelling Potential Trouble For GOP Rep | Talking Points Memo

From the mouth of one in the know:

20 Likes

Whatever else may be going on here, it is absolutely true that any deal that Greenberg gets will be better for him if he also enters into a cooperation agreement. There seems to be little doubt that Greenberg has a lot of first-hand information about Gaetz’s and others’ involvement in these crimes, and I’m sure his lawyer has discussed with him and the prosecutors what that information may be. I think that perpetually smug grin on Gaetz’s face is about to be slapped off.

20 Likes

Well…this whole debacle lends itself to a “ripped from the headlines” SVU/Organized Crime crossover!
And here I was worried that Elliot and Olivia wouldn’t have enough to do…

7 Likes

Shakin’ All Over is my ear worm.

10 Likes

Gaetz is clearly the more public figure and thus the bigger prize (though of course, this in only about justice). But who knows, maybe Greenberg has been working at the direction of Gaetz.

1 Like

I doubt the feds are interested in that. Congresscritter Masty is a bigger fish than that florida tax collector. Masty’s gonna have to give up someone heavier. The question is, was any DC or Florida power player dumb enough to dip from Masty’s supply.

13 Likes

A plea will prove Gaetz is not guilty. :crazy_face:

Can’t happen soon enough.

10 Likes

Live shot of Matt Gaetz gazing into the abyss while the abyss gazes back:

20 Likes

It would be nice if Gaetz wasn’t the only other fly caught

12 Likes

Two men sifting through drivers licenses to find the identity of a child sex trafficking victim, just to re-victimize her. This is so depraved. Even for the GOP.

12 Likes

Well, that’s the wedge isn’t it? Greenberg won’t get off a very large hook without some very meaningful dirt dealing. Matty better run to the DOJ with his dirt on … who knows?

6 Likes

One low life squealing on another.

1 Like

Now, there’s a Pay Per View headline event.

8 Likes

Gaetz is the more prominent target, sure, but it sounds like the feds are already onto the evidence they’re going to need to charge him for the sex trafficking (including, in all likelihood, the victim’s cooperation). If that’s correct, they would not have a lot of incentive to cut Greenberg a break just over Gaetz. My guess is Greenberg is preparing to rat out a bunch of other people in their circle too.

41 Likes

The little fish flip and flop, exposing the bigger fish. I wonder if any of Florida Man’s House GOP colleagues are getting nervous?

4 Likes

He should stop worrying. That’s one of the least surprising things in all of this. We all had that one pretty much pinned down already.

11 Likes

Right, there’s that other FL politician whose name has not been revealed.

8 Likes

Good point. If this “sex ring” rumor turns out to be true, Gaetz could be the greasy tip of the black iceberg.

9 Likes

“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” Greenberg’s lawyer Fritz Scheller told reporters afterward…

Got my attention - you don’t hear that very often. Nope, no hint there about who his client is planning to rat out, or when. As in “Matt Gaetz” and “minutes from now.”

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available