Gaetz Pal Greenberg Expected To Enter Plea In Case, Spelling Potential Trouble For GOP Rep | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-FL) friend Joel Greenberg will likely change his plea after facing four grand jury indictments alleging everything from sex trafficking to wire fraud, according to reports from a status hearing Thursday in Florida.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1368771

“…Spelling Potential Trouble for GOP Rep.”

Ummm…yeaaahhhhhhhhh. Li’l bit.

43 Likes

“… between 14 and 17.” I hope that’s what Gaetz getz.

40 Likes

under_bus

57 Likes

Crash and burn, baby. Crash and burn.

11 Likes

Coming soon:

11 Likes

Hope Gaetz has some jam or jelly in his pocket, because he’s toast

23 Likes

Gaetz’s main fear in all this seems to be that people will believe he needs to pay in order to have sex with someone.

47 Likes

I guess part of the plea deal is that he comes clean about everything. Including info about any of his co-conspirators. With a proviso that if he leaves anything out, the deal is then null and void.

Happy Thursday, Matt!

44 Likes

I hope all this Gaetz news won’t cause us to lose sight of what an awful human being Josh Hawley is.

68 Likes

singing in the rain, came to mind for some reason.

6 Likes

Well, all good(?) things must come to an end. Enjoy Matt.

3 Likes

Gaetz is about to find out that the only a$$hole that can take, take, take, and can say fuck you to everyone else (and get away with it) is tRump.

11 Likes

If he knows that Greenberg has anything to pin on him, then he knows that Greenberg will do so in order to reduce the sentence. This puts the pressure on Gaetz to cop a deal first and pin it all back on Greenberg. And that, my friends, would be worth the price of admission.

30 Likes

It looks tough for Gaetz. He’s a dangerous loudmouth but I think if he has information of value on the various Trump scams and the insurrection (he certainly had access to the pipeline of information) then I think cutting a deal with Gaetz for such info, if truly valuable and actionable, would be worth more than seeing him prosecuted and convicted.

43 Likes

@phillydave
I hope all this Gaetz news won’t cause us to lose sight of what an awful human being Josh Hawley is.

I’m not about to forget. Is there anyone here who is going to forget?

27 Likes

This seems kind of like flipping the head of the crime family and getting him to rat out all the underlings. Greenberg has so many very serious charges against him, and we don’t know of any potential crimes by Gaetz other than the one sex trafficking investigation.

Guess we’ll know more sooner than expected.

25 Likes

Gaetz is dead but he just hasn’t hit the ground yet

28 Likes

Other visuals…

7 Likes

That’s not egg on his face!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available