Gaetz Paints Himself As Both Victim And Hero ‘Built For The Battle’ | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) insisted to a crowd of supporters in Florida on Friday that he was the victim of “the lies” and “the smears” of his critics as he faces a Justice Department inquiry over whether he broke sex trafficking laws.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369048

He talks a lot of shit but I believe he’s royally screwed.

58 Likes

What a colossal dickhead.

50 Likes

“So when you see the leaks and the lies and the falsehoods and the smears, when you see the anonymous sources and insiders forecasting my demise, know this: They aren’t really coming for me. They’re coming for you. I’m just in the way.”

Did Gaetz have permission to steal this from Trump’s speech? Can we add a charge of plagiarism, or would this be considered a freebee because it’s propaganda?

23 Likes

19 Likes

Majorly.

And Minorly…

18 Likes

I have a sudden urge to go and grab my weed whacker.

16 Likes

'Built For The Battle’

hehe.

15 Likes

So the odds of Gaetz getting Epsteined?

He’s already done the Weinstein.

15 Likes

Don’t you mean he’s already done a Whinestein?

18 Likes

Only if he intends to use his ginormous forehead as a missile shield.

19 Likes

And about to get Sodomsteined.

4 Likes

Awesome. I hope he stays in and hugs Trump hard.

22 Likes

This speech was at the Doral, which means Trump must have approved it. That’s interesting. I thought he was being advised to keep some distance from Gaetz?

I guess it doesn’t matter in the long run. When Gaetz is led away in handcuffs it won’t have any significant blowback for Trump.

10 Likes

“The smears against me range from distortions of my personal life to wild — and I mean wild — conspiracy theories. I won’t be intimidated by a lying media,”Gaetz said.

I saw a clip of him delivering this applause line to the sexual predator-loving Women for America First. Even the crickets and the bedbugs failed to respond.

Somewhere a dog barked.

47 Likes

Yes, when there’s a battle for the soul of the country, what you really want is a firebrand.

9 Likes

Do you mean Mattie should love him to death?

5 Likes

Dogs know when someone is barking mad.

21 Likes

Just a hunch, but I don’t think this peacock is going to adjust well to prison life …

25 Likes

What kind of hair gel do they sell at the prison store?

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available