Gaetz Paints Himself As Both Victim And Hero ‘Built For The Battle’ | Talking Points Memo

“Big government, big tech, big business, big media — they’d all breathe a sigh of relief if I were no longer in the Congress fighting for you.”

This would be somewhat more convincing if Gaetz could point to something he’d actually done as a member of Congress, besides jumping in front of every camera and microphone in the District.

39 Likes

Agree completely. If you step back and look at the GOP you realize nothing is working for them. Dead party desperately trying to stay relevant. Gaetz is the latest example.

20 Likes

That is some forehead! And he dresses like a ‘big tent’ evangelist. Some kinda scary. A trip to Miami Ink for the classic Hate and Love finger tattoos and he’ll be ready for Big House living. You Go Matty!

10 Likes

He’s hired Marc Mukasy as his lawyer—with daddy’s money, of course—and I’m sure that Mukasy told him to sit down and shut up.

But Matty can’t abandon the spotlight, lest he shrivel up and fade away.
So he’ll continue to say things that can be brought up in court—things that will not be supported by the evidence.
So he’ll convict himself out of his own mouth.

Sounds perfect to me.

50 Likes

Gaetz’s goofy and self-serving strategy is right out of the Donnie Playbook, i.e. victimize others and play the victim. Like his mentor Donnie, Matt is an asshole.

12 Likes

Yes, but it worked for Kavanaugh

9 Likes

While they sell it, I’ll bet it’s not his brand, unless he likes African Pride. I suspect it’s likely he may have to switch to Pink Oil Lotion due to popular demand command.

3 Likes

“Big government, big tech, big business, big media — they’d all breathe a sigh of relief if I were no longer in the Congress fighting for you.”

He went on to make this assertion:

“I am the only Republican in Congress who doesn’t take any money from federal lobbyists or political action committees.”

7 Likes

“Fighting for you” by taking ecstacy and screwing underage chicks. I tell ya it’s tough out there on the front lines of the battle to preserve traditional American values. But I’m going to fight until the bitter end. For you.

29 Likes

Many people are saying he is actually Butthead

Many people.

31 Likes

Awesome. I hope he stays in and hugs Trump hard.

Like McCann and Jr Bush in SC? Trump would understand - as one pleasure principal Id driven pervert to another.

2 Likes

Tracking how the insane Republican victim rhetoric is evolving…it’s now “big government, big tech, big business, big media” that is “coming for you”.

“Big tech” was added several months ago, “big business” is this month’s addition. It’s hard to know what the next “big” thing could be that is coming after crazy white people. “Big sanity” probably doesn’t work.

32 Likes

Just in case there were any congress members thinking about supporting this want to be trump he throws them all under the bus. Jeez.

9 Likes

“The truth will prevail,” Gaetz said on Friday.

Although he really hopes it doesn’t.

24 Likes

I wish he’d actually make his case rather than just Trumping it. I mean, I’d love for him to explain this tax collector guy and their friendship, and why all these other GOP congressmen say he showed them nude pics of his “girlfriends”. I’m sure when he explains it, it will make perfect sense and we’ll all agree he’s been misunderstood. (“It was just an ANATOMY lesson that Nestor my son my heart was taking in school, and I thought the other congressmen needed to learn from the photos!”)

16 Likes

I was thinking Neanderthal Caveman Lawyer, but yes, equally scary.

6 Likes

Who is writing this stuff for him? Looks like the red meat service has been given to him…
tested potent, and being reused… sources please…

6 Likes

"And this is a boob. And this is a crotch. And this is a derriere… "

2 Likes

Money can fix a lot of things, but it could not fix Gaetz. Yup. He will continue with his brat of the week ravings.

5 Likes

Oooh boy! I’m going to have to stay up late and watch Saturday Night Live, the jokes write themselves.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available