Gaetz Buddy Greenberg Is Feeding DOJ New Information After Guilty Plea | Talking Points Memo

Joel Greenberg, who has pleaded guilty to sex trafficking in connection to the federal investigation into Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), has reportedly been providing the Justice Department with new information, according to CNN.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1391166
1 Like

I have to imagine in trying to reduce a sex trafficking guily plea, you have to be able to provide some really devastating evidence.

Fingers crossed.

65 Likes

Roger Handberg, an assistant US attorney, reportedly said that Greenberg has made allegations to investigators that ā€œtake us to some places we did not anticipateā€ during a brief hearing in Orlando federal court on Monday.

Hoping someone with more experience in these areas can provide context. This sounds like Greenberg may be spilling the beans on people not included in the original investigation (i.e. it may be about more than just Gaetz).

Is that a reasonable interpretation of this statement?

43 Likes

We certainly deserve some accountability for the horrible corruption of this Era.

26 Likes

10 Likes

Greenbergā€™s not the canary in the coal mine, heā€™s the canary in the grilling room. :grin:

20 Likes

Greenberg must be spilling on more than sex trafficking. Hmmm. Gaetz has been pretty quiet lately.

37 Likes

or maybe heā€™s spilling about more crimes by Gaetz than were previously suspected.

18 Likes

he noted that the DOJ was in an ā€œunusual situation given the number of different investigations and lines of investigation we are pursuing.ā€

With luck the feds will use greenbergā€™s info to give the election-fixing florida gop an enema.

35 Likes

That would truly be karma. Gaetz would really deserve that, give all of his mouth running excrement.

15 Likes

Greenberg has made allegations to investigators that ā€œtake us to some places we did not anticipateā€

Like across a state line with a minor? Oh wait, they totally anticipated that!

7 Likes

We already know it involves more than gaetzie. There were florida pols on the bermuda (bahamas?) trip, and greenbergā€™s been involved in election shenanigans, including a false pedophile smear revenge campaign against the losing candidate after the election was over.

36 Likes

Get ready for Gaetz to claim Executive Privilege. I know it does not apply to him, but that has not stopped the former guy from claiming it.

22 Likes

Is taking a minor across an international border worse than across state lines? How about hiding profits from pimping out minors?

4 Likes

Handberg characterized Greenberg as a ā€œprolific criminal.ā€

Well, hell. That could describe most members of the Greedy Odious Pilferers.

15 Likes

May this be so. But I kinda think this a nothing-burger, just like the rest of this made-for-tv investigation.

2 Likes

Without collaborating evidence, Gaetz will never be arrested or put on trial with Greensbergā€™s testimony alone. Greenberg is a proven liar and a criminal.
They really need Vintage 99 to cooperate on the minor charge. Sheā€™s not a dummy, her silence will get her a lot more than talking.

Same with other politicians, a conviction on an accomplices testimony alone is not going to fly.

But this story will stick around for awhile.

9 Likes

And his fundraising is tanking ā€¦

29 Likes

Whatever it is, it has to be big. Meaning lots of money involved. My guess is it dates back to this.

25 Likes

Gaetz will do a lot of claiming (legal types and anything else to keep out of stir).

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available