Gaetz Buddy Greenberg Is Feeding DOJ New Information After Guilty Plea | Talking Points Memo

Considering how the Jeffrey Epstein prosecution was bungled by Florida U.S. attorney Alex Acosta, later to become the Trump labor secretary I’d hope that the current U.S. attorney prosecuting Greenburg learned from it.

16 Likes

Gee, how many folks do we know in Florida politics (or working out of Florida on a more National scale)?

In theory, this guy could take out a significant chunk of the Republican Party, assuming he doesn’t accidentally hang himself while shaving in prison.

15 Likes

What else is money for?

4 Likes

I wonder how Gaetz’s boat fraud story fits into this? That money went somewhere, and I’m guessing it went to pay hush money to someone. Who should, along about now, be asking for a little bump.

10 Likes

For his time with a minor, Gaetz is looking at major time.

12 Likes

Now, now, Mr. Gradient. Blackmail is such an ugly word.

Oh wait, you said “a little bump.” No problemo.

12 Likes

They were this bigly…

5 Likes

Then shouldn’t your handle be “not_so_puffy”?!?!
:wink:

Gaetz, who is currently under investigation, has not been charged and maintains that he has not had sex with an underage woman.

Do I correctly understand this to mean that Gaetz maintains that there exists a woman who Gaetz did not have sex with while she was underage?

7 Likes

Roger Handberg, an assistant US attorney, reportedly said that Greenberg has made allegations to investigators that “take us to some places we did not anticipate”…

“Um, why y’all looking at ME?”

25 Likes

Gaetz’s average entourage is underage.

7 Likes

**Fritz Scheller, Greenberg’s lawyer, told the court that the sentencing delay was “critical” to his client in order for his client to give prosecutors all the relevant details he had. **

What, does he speak really slowly? :thinking: How much can he have to say?

5 Likes

I’m hoping this stuff bites him and others on the ass, bigly.

1 Like

A lot. Every time he coughs up a new name it likely takes them a few weeks to process it, verify his claimed details, and get it all down on paper. If you want to understand how much shit he was into, start here, and this is only the stuff that is public: https://www.mediaite.com/politics/its-even-weirder-than-you-thought-how-a-roger-stone-acolyte-and-a-tiger-king-tax-collector-spawned-the-matt-gaetz-scandal/

He ain’t shortening his sentence by giving up more dirt on gaetz, because his attorney will have told him that if the feds don’t get gaetz then he hasn’t assisted in anything useful. The feds raised no objection to the postponement of his sentencing.

18 Likes

According to CNN, Handberg characterized Greenberg as a “prolific criminal.”

“Prolific criminal” is a seldom used moniker, reserved historically for mafia type gangsters, who’s usage has seen a reawakening in these modern times.

9 Likes

That’s the key. Very sharp observation, but I hope it doesn’t fall flat.

12 Likes

He should be sentenced to hard time in the Gulag Arpeggio.

7 Likes

If Greenberg is flipping on R’s up and down the Eastern Seabord, great.

In the mean time, FUCKING INDICT MATT GAETZ!!!

Back to you Eustace.

12 Likes

Cool! Sex and Drugs! For Gaetz we can ignore Rock and Roll.

5 Likes

How long does it take to spill your guts? Greenberg has had enough time to give a complete replay of his life.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available