Gaetz Booted From Committees’ Deposition Of Trump’s Former Russia Adviser | Talking Points Memo

Kovie, do you recall that Gaetz’s campaign had been in direct contact with Guccifer 2.0 in 2016? I distinctly recall such reporting in early 2017.

1 Like

No, I don’t. Thanks for pointing this out. He’s clearly a tool who’s trying to save his own skin. Also, quite stupid. A frat boy wearing an idiot suit pretending to be a man.

And lower its average IQ even further?

3 Likes

The President does not have a security clearance. The election is indeed the “vetting process”. It also seems to be the case for Congress.

1 Like

Him, again?

Louis Gohmert is a disgrace to slime worms, let alone marsupials. I am genuinely curious how such critters get the way they are, although inbreeding has something to do with it, I’m sure.

Um, no it’s not all of the permutations. In deference to the gastrointestinal well being of the rest of TPM, I won’t enumerate.

1 Like

But I think he’d find that he likes it and would soon develop a taste for it. Or should I have written that in past tense?

DiNGHO! (Dingo / Native Australian Dog)???

It is the only popular song, in any language, from my early life, or mid life…or later life… that mentions the Captain Kangaroo TV Show.

2 Likes

I like the melody.

Anyway, if only Matt Gaetz had watched a couple of episodes of that TV show, he might have spared himself a small fraction of his current embarrassment!

2 Likes

What convinced his district he had any qualifications besides toady? Nauseating frat boy puts loyalty to 45 above any semblance of respect to his colleagues or branch of government. Ditch his smugness.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) was booted from a House interview with President Donald Trump’s former Russia adviser because the congressman was not a member of one of the three committees present.

That’s just the cover story; he showed up holding a rum and coke, bawling Louie Louie.

Kurt Vonnegut mentioned this song when he confessed a liking for the Statlers–because man, who hasn’t been there?
1 Like

It 's too late, we don’t get to walk back from this one. The turks have blocked the roads our troops needed to get to the Turkish base to fly out and cut off their supply lines, now it looks like they will need to be airlifted, assuming the turks don’t bomb them or shoot down the helicopters. trump asked Erdogan not to do this, and in return got the middle finger. No one is afraid of trump or cares what he says. Most or all of the ISIL prisoners will escape thus reviving the movement. The Kurds have asked Russia to aide them, and Putin has agreed (he knew in advance this was happening of course). We are the country that elected Bush and trump, and how does the rest of the world know we won’t elect another like them again? The answer is of course they don’t, so their best bet is to divorce the US both financially and militarily. In one phone call trump has changed the world and ended the US empire - not an exaggeration.

Comments related to what Pelosi could or should have done are meaningless, there is nothing that could have been done as the Turks knew this was happening and moved in within an hour of trump’s phone call.

trump’s response is to possibly, maybe, perhaps, put some mild sanctions on someone or other in the Turkish government. This is trump’s Saigon Moment.

1 Like

What exactly do you think Pelosi or the dems could have done and what possible resolution could have changed anything?

Well…since you and @martinstett admit to musical guilty pleasures, there is another song from my youth which mentions a kangaroo, if not Capt. Kangaroo…and it can’t be that bad if people at the Royal Albert Hall were so openly into it…

Great song, innovative performer.

But I used to enjoy his work more when I knew less about some of his predilections.

1 Like

The House could have passed sanctions against Turkey if they invaded Syria – and forced McConnell to put up or shut up.

1 Like

I see. Well, since I know absolutely nothing about any of his predilections, and have never purchased his records in vinyl (.45 or .33 rpm) or tape or CD or digital, I will continue to listen to it every several years on Youtube without any guilt pangs, except the guilt pangs of liking a cheezy song. To which I am accustomed, in 3 languages, actually 4 because I like some cheezy Brazilian songs too. And 5 because I have liked a few cheezy French songs.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available